Have No Fear, CVL Gift Certificates are Still Here!
Need a last-minute gift? Our CVL Gift Certificates can be used towards the online shop, La Tiendita (Lodge gift shop), or even towards a trip! We can email the certificate to you and avoid all the rush delivery fees this holiday season! Call us today at (800) 882-4665 to purchase a gift certificate for your friends, family and loved ones!
Are you ready to book your next trip to the sailfish capital of the world? We highly recommend to start booking your trip to Casa Vieja Lodge a year in advanced as the 2018 calendar is already filling up, and spots in 2017 are extremely limited. Call us today to reserve your spot and make sure that you don’t miss your chance for a ton of billfish and 5-star accommodations at Casa Vieja Lodge!
Bringing your Drone to Guatemala? Must Read!
Casa Vieja Lodge loves when our clients capture their own special moments fighting billfish aboard our fleet, in the beautiful pacific waters of Guatemala. Recently, on November 15th, 2016 a new policy was implemented by the Guatemalan Government on the importation of drones. You now MUST register your drone. It’s a relatively easy and free process to register your drone ahead of time, prior to your arrival at the airport in Guatemala. If you fail to pre-register expect delays of a minimum of 1 hour. Please inform our staff if you would like to bring your drone with you so we can assist you with the registration process prior to your arrival, and avoid any delays that will impact your entire group!
Casa Vieja Lodge enjoys seeing the captured moments that our clients create to last forever! Send your captured moments to info@casaviejalodge to be featured on our social media sites!
The beginning of billfish season has continued with double digit raises, bites and releases making this season, one for the books. Mr. Cole Coscino, winner of the BD Outdoors Race to Guatemala, recently came to the lodge with the BD Crew. He wrapped up college finals and hopped on a plane down to celebrate with the best in the business!
Chasing for the coveted IWFA sailfish release gold disc for 2016, anglers Connie O’Day and Brenda Moore, recorded 83 raised and 42 released sailfish in two days of fishing aboard the Rum Line and Intensity – Good luck ladies!
Capt Chris Sheeder claims yet another cover photo in Pacific Coast Sportfishing Magazine! Check out the cover and article HERE.
Make sure to check out our daily fishing report on our website HERE. Below are just a few of the December highlights.
- December 4th-6th, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 118 raises, 106 bites, & 59 sailfish releases! Plus 5 blue marlin raises, 3 blue marlin bites & 3 blue marlin releases!
- December 8th-12th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 196 raises, 163 Bites, 111 sailfish releases, PLUS 2 Mahi-mahi!
- December 5th-9th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 228 raises, 208 bites, and 129 sailfish releases. They also had 1 blue marlin raise!
- December 8th-10th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 148 raises, 125 bites, & 70 sailfish releases. Plus 1 Mahi-mahi!
- December 9th-10th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar), with Capt. David Salazar fished conventional and fly. They had 122 raises, 105 bites, & 65 sailfish releases!
- December 9th-13th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice fished conventional and fly. They had 231 raises, 221 bites, & 133 sailfish releases! They also had 1 Mahi-mahi!
- December 12th-16th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 230 raises, 185 bites, & 138 releases! Plus 3 blue marlin raised, 3 blue marlin bite, 1 blue marlin released & 1 tuna!
- December 16th-17th, the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 44 raises, 29 bites, & 8 sailfish releases! They also had 2 Mahi-mahi!