Travel Solo, But Never Fish Alone
In our second edition of Solo anglers weekend, we’d like to once again invite all of our single anglers to fish with Casa Vieja Lodge this Spring and team up with other solo anglers while also splitting the costs this May 10-14th, 2017. For $2,930/angler you will fish with the best in the business for 3 full days of fishing, 4 nights lodging (including your private room), VIP airport transportation, alcohol and meals, laundry service, and the finest tournament tackle. Act fast as this is based on availability. Call our Miami office at 1-800-882-4665 for more information or email us and secure your spot.
Late spring in Guatemala is great for a mixed plate of sailfish, blue marlin, mahi mahi, and tuna. Make new friends, try different techniques, get tips and tricks from our top tagging mates and captains, and cross Casa Vieja Lodge off your bucket list.
Prepare for Tournament Season
You train and prepare for everything else you do in life, why not for fishing? Rigorous training leads to proven results and equates to first place tournament wins. Trust in the best with your summer tournament preparation and secure your investments. No heavy lifting involved.
Our Spring Training consists of an average 15-18 daily billfish bites. In layman terms, the more chances you have to swing the less likely you are to miss when you step up to bat! If you are stepping up to the likes of the renowned 2017 Mississippi Gulf Coast Billfish Classic or 2017 White Marlin Open, then you must prepare because usually ONE fish is all it takes to WIN BIG! Don’t let the lack of training get in the way!
- 2 hr flight from Miami or Houston
- 2.5 hr flight from Dallas or Atlanta
- VIP Airport reception and a 90 min drive to our lodge
- Average of 15-25 mile run to fishing grounds
The last two weeks of February we have seen the consistent striped marlin bites throughout the spread. As the waters begin to warm back up the stripes are beginning to diminish and the sailfish numbers are rocketing back up.
We’d like to recognize our junior anglers who were runner-ups in the 2016 Billfish Foundation Top Tagging Pacific Sailfish Ages 8 & Under: Charles Gaddy of Manteo, NC, and Ages 11-12: Aidan Burke of Los Angeles, CA. In addtion lady angler and IWFA member, Brenda Moore with the Top Pacific Sailfish Angler. Congrats everyone and keep up the good work!
Did we mention the acclaimed Capt. Chris Sheeder of the Rum Line nailed the March Cover of Marlin Magazine! This man is on a role!
Remember we are the only lodge in the world to post the daily Fishing Reports which you can find HERE. Below are just a few of the highlights:
- February 13th-21st, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice had 238 raises, 207 bites, & 136 sailfish releases! They also had 3 marlin raises, 2 bites, 1 release AND 2 tunas!
- February 13th-22nd, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 245 raises, 186 bites, and 111 sailfish releases. They also had 5 marlin raises, 3 bites, and 2 mahi-mahi!
- February 13th-22nd, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar), with Capt. David Salazar, had 171 raises, 139 bites, & 89 sailfish releases! Plus 4 marlin raises, 4 bites, 4 releases, AND mahi-mahi.
- February 13th-22nd, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 227 raises, 187 bites, & 109 sailfish releases. PLUS 7 marlin raises, 6 bites, 4 releases, 6 mahi-mahi and 2 tuna!
- February 13th-24th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 163 raises, 137 bites, and 88 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 3 bites and 3 releases.. PLUS 3 tuna!!
- February 15th-22nd, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder had 270 raises, 236 bites, & 143 releases! Plus 4 marlin raises and 3 marlin bites!
- February 17th-21st, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 116 raises, 36 bites, & 21 sailfish releases! Plus 3 marlin raises, 2 blue marlin bites, 2 blue marlin releases. They also had 13 amberjack ALL ON THE FLY!
- February 19th-21st the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 89 raises, 63 bites, & 36 sailfish releases! They also had 1 marlin raise and 8 mahi-mahi in just 3 days of fishing!