Treat Mom to Fishing
Mother’s Day is a mere two months away! What are you doing for that special lady angler in your life? Casa Vieja Lodge is offering a free hour massage to all those deserving ladies when you spend your lovely day in Guatemala. The kids will love their time reeling in sailfish after sailfish. The men will be in awe when they see the billfish numbers continue to rise throughout the day and don’t have to fight their children for the rod. And the ladies, well they already know what to expect: flat calm seas, fresh succulent fruit, ice cold beverages (grape juice perhaps), pods of spinner dolphins-equals fresh yellowfin tuna, and loads of sailfish for mom to take her pick at. Meanwhile, relaxing and revitalizing the bronze goddess within.
At the day’s end, return back to Casa Vieja Lodge and indulge in one of our in-room spa services like the Rosa Mosqueta massage. CLICK HERE to see our spa menu and reserve your treatment. No long lines, no cooking or cleaning, let our staff take care of your every request. Mother’s Day never sounded so good for the whole family.
Spring is in the Air
Spring started this week, and billfish are in action. Spring lends itself to calm waters, consistent sailfish bites, more blue marlin bites, and the mahi mahi become plentiful towards late spring. The yellowfin tuna seem to make grand entrance in late spring and progressively increase in quantities throughout the month of May into June. But there are still delicious fresh tuna snacks your captain can manage to find now.
If you are a summer tournament fisher Spring Training at Casa Vieja Lodge is the best place to hone your skills, and prepare you and your crew to win some big money tournaments. Keep your jackets at home and come to where the skies and seas are warmer, the billfish plentiful, and the service extraordinary, Casa Vieja Lodge.
Looking for dates? Here is what we have left. Call the Miami Office 1-800-882-4665 to reserve this season.
- Affinity: April 20-22; April 27-29
- Finest Kind: April 10-12; April 30-May 2
- Makaira: April 4-5; April 13-14
- Spindrift: March 29- April 2; April 20-22
- El Cadejo: April 8-10; April 16-19
- Pez Raton: April 19-23; April 27-29
The first official day of Spring started off clearly with the fleet raising 82 sailfish and 8 blue marlin. Two amazing 74 year old buddies, William Schroeder & Jim Sarrail both caught their first ever blue marlin EACH aboard the Spindrift and then the Affinity the next day, and to say they were ecstatic is an understatement! Aboard the Rum Line, angler Rob Pasfield released his first blue marlin ON THE FLY in 2.5 hours, a feat that not many have accomplished!
On the opposite end junior angler Jack Mosher (9 year old) on his 2nd trip this season caught his first mahi mahi aboard the El Cadejo, and also controls the radio while out fishing!
You need to come down and have fun with us! Before your trip down, check out the daily Fishing Reports which you can find on our website HERE. Below are just a few of the highlights
- March 8th-21st, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 301 raises, 189 bites, and 112 sailfish releases. They also had 5 marlin raises 3 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, AND 7 mahi-mahi!
- March 8th-21st, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder fished conventional and fly, they had 224 raises, 144 bites, and 73 releases! Plus mahi-mahi, 12 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites and 1 blue marlin release ON THE FLY!
- March 8th-21st, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 160 raises, 132 bites, and 80 sailfish releases. PLUS 6 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, and 11 mahi-mahi!
- March 8th-21st, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar), with Capt. David Salazar, had 251 raises, 230 bites, and 128 sailfish releases! They also had 3 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release AND 12 mahi-mahi!
- March 8th-21st, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 224 raises, 199 bites, and 125 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, AND mahi-mahi.
- March 15th-21st, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 137 raises, 59 bites, and 31 sailfish releases! Plus 1 marlin raise and 1 marlin bite ALL ON THE FLY!
- March 16th-21st, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 121 raises, 92 bites, & 63 sailfish releases. PLUS 8 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, and 5 marlin releases!
- March 17th-18th, the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 37 raises, 23 bites, and 10 sailfish releases! They also had 4 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, and 1 mahi-mahi in just TWO days of fishing ALL ON THE FLY!