Gifts for Grads & Dads
If you have children or grandchildren that are graduating, show them how proud you are with a trip to Casa Vieja Lodge for their graduation gift! This once in a lifetime trip will build lasting memories and allow your child to experience action packed, adrenaline filled fishing, and is a guaranteed way to get them just as excited about fishing as when they caught their first fish!
Over the past two years during, June and July, we have raised an average of 18 billfish/day, so there will still be many fish for both you and your children to reel in as well! Plus yellowfin tuna, dorado, and blue marlin are in the mix to give you some fishing variety, along with the typical flat calm seas to make the fishing experience nothing but fun for everyone onboard.
For the best of both worlds, double down and turn this trip into Father’s Day expedition too! Dad doesn’t need another boring tie or more cologne, but we don’t think he’ll ever get bored of billfishing! To make things even better, during June and July we offer a 15% discount! Call our Miami Office at 1-800-882-4665, or Email us for availability.
Talk the Talk
The 2017 No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout this November 16th-18th is hands down the best tournament in Guatemala! This tournament is focused on fun and camaraderie, but don’t talk up your big game as you must put your money where your mouth is! Every Sancocho (missed bite) will cost the angler $20 which is donated to the local primary school, Santa Cecilia. You can read more about past tournaments HERE. We guarantee you will have a blast starting with our daily dock water balloon fights, followed by a great day of fishing, onto the night’s activity, and the tournament concludes with a pig roast, fireworks, awards, and yes the almighty No Sancocho King or Queen! Every angler gets a bag full of elite merchandise from Costa del Mar, YETI, Simms, and Capt Harry’s Fishing Supply.
There are only a couple boats left for this prestigious tournament. Pick up your April Issue of Power and Motoryacht Magazine and get the latest glimpse into the Fishing for Kids, by John Brownlee. CLICK HERE to read more.
The Insider’s Scoop
Join Captain Rick Murphy and Brie Gabrielle on the NEW Texas Insider Fishing Report, and then again on the Chevy Florida Insider Fishing Report featuring your Lodge Owner and Operator of the Finest Kind, Captain David Salazar as he spills the beans on this week’s episode: Sailfish. He makes for great TV, you don’t want to miss it!
Tailor-made for Texas and Florida, every show features six professional guides from around the state. Each guide provides a three-to-four-minute fishing report on what’s happening inshore and offshore within his region. These “Hot Spot”—fishing locations shared with views as their best bet for the upcoming week—are highlighted weekly.
Texas Insider Fishing Report airs on:
Fox Sports Southwest: Thursday 11pm, Friday & Saturday 7am.
Chevy Florida Insider Fishing Report airs on:
Fox Sports Sun: Thursday 7pm/10:30pm, Friday 11:30am/4:30pm,
& Saturday 9:30am
At Casa Vieja Lodge, April showers doesn’t mean rain, but instead a downpour of Sailfish, Marlin, Tuna, Amberjack, Roosterfish and Mahi! April-July always bring a large variety of fish in even greater numbers. Not only is the fishing amazing, but the weather is perfect too with clear skies and calm seas. Spend your Summer vacation fishing with us and enjoying the 5-Star Angling Experience that Casa Vieja Lodge has to offer. Call today to reserve your spot! 1-800- 854-4665
You can always check out the daily Fishing Reports which you can find on our website HERE. Always keep in mind that numbers vary depending on if fly or conventional is used, or many other factors depending on the anglers, for example if they want to target more tuna or blue marlin, or head home earlier, at the end of the day it’s their private charter and our Captains do what the clients want to do with their day!. Below are just a few of the highlights:
- April 1st-6th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 45 raises, 35 bites, and 24 sailfish releases. PLUS 11 mahi-mahi!
- April 1st-15th, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 245 raises, 203 bites, and 138 sailfish releases! Plus 4 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release and 6 mahi-mahi.
- April 1st-16th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 253 raises, 173 bites, and 95 sailfish releases. They also had 10 marlin raises, 8 marlin bites, 6 marlin releases and 4 mahi-mahi!
- April 1st-18th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 176 raises, 158 bites, and 106 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, 11 mahi-mahi, AND 2 tuna!
- April 4th-17th, the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 150 raises, 118 bites, and 76 sailfish releases. They also had 5 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, 6 tuna, 5 mahi-mahi, 5 amberjack, AND 5 ROOSTERFISH!
- April 4th-18th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder fished conventional and fly, they had 225 raises, 144 bites, and 81 sailfish releases! Plus 11 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 3 mahi-mahi, AND a 75lb yellowfin tuna caught by Angler Jacques Paul-Hus!
- April 5th-9th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar), with Capt. David Salazar, had 62 raises, 28 bites, and 15 sailfish releases! They also had 2 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release and 4 mahi-mahi ALL ON THE FLY!
- April 6th-17th the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 265 raises, 214 bites, and 121 sailfish releases. PLUS 10 marlin raises, 7 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, and 15 mahi-mahi!!
“Life is better when you fish!”