In most cases, we don’t like missing a fish but at our annual No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout, Guatemala’s most exciting & prestigious billfish tournament, we loved seeing the Sancochos ($20 per missed fish) continue to add up over the three-day tournament held November 10th-12th. The 10 boats & 41 anglers released 378 sailfish, 6 marlin, & 230 Sancochos! All the proceeds are being donated to Santa Cecilia Primary School in Puerto San Jose.
Casa Vieja Lodge would like to give a special thanks to the following people for their extra contributions.
- Team Cummins (Finest Kind) matched the 230 Sancochos, donating a total of $4,980
- Mr. Bob Smith, Team Intensity, Makaira, & Rum Line, matched the 78 Sancochos from the three boats, donating a total of $1,580.
- Mr. Jorge Sinabaldi (Tranquility) donated $2,000.
- Mr. Carey Chen (A-Fin-Ity) sold his live painting and donated his proceeds.
The 2016 No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout Results:
- First Place: Team Intensity 775 points / 63 Sailfish / 2 Blue Marlin / 42 Sancochos
- Second Place: Team Decisive 765 points / 57 Sailfish / 27 Sancochos
- Third Place: Team Spindrift 600 points / 55 Sailfish / 1 Blue Marlin / 13 Sancochos
- Top Lady Angler: Poppy Brownlee – 15 Sailfish
- Sancocho Queen: Tracey Kealy (Pez Raton) Las Viejas – 17 Sancochos