The No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout is Guatemala’s most exciting & prestigious billfish tournament, and anglers have more reason than ever to secure their spot aboard one of the eight boats in the Casa Vieja Lodge Fleet and get the best sport fishing experience on and off the water.
At the end of the three-day tournament, the team with the most points wins. You and three teammates choose the combination of bait and fly casting that you think will earn you the most points based on the scale below:
- Marlin released on fly—100 points
- Marlin released on 20 lb.—75 points
- Marlin released on 50 lb.—50 points
- Sail released on fly—25 points
- Sail released on bait—10 points
But if you can’t seal the deal, there’s more than just your pride on the line—every missed bite costs anglers $20. Money from every missed bite, or sancocho is then donated to a local school in Puerto San Jose. Even with some of the best anglers in the world participating, the past tournament was able to donate $5,240 from 262 sancochos.
Sign up for the glory, for charity, or just for the fun of it. But if you want a spot in the tournament, you’d better reserve your spot at Casa Vieja Lodge soon—boats are extremely limited.
CLICK HERE to read the Marlin Magazine write-up of the 2015 No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout.
Registration / $3,550.00 per angler (4 angler teams)
- Top Team Award
- 2nd place team award
- 3rd place team award
- Largest dorado
- Sancocho King
- Top Lady Angler
- Nov 15: Arrival & Captain’s Meeting 6pm
- Nov 16: Fishing – All day Bait only
- Nov 17: Fishing – Bait until noon, then Fly if wanted
- Nov 18: Fishing – Bait or Fly; 7:30pm: Awards Ceremony
- Nov 19: Departures