The Makaira Re-Powered with Cummins Engines
We are pleased to announce that the Makaira, our 37′ Rybovich, is back on the water! This beautiful classic has been re-powered with 2 brand new Cummins QSB6.7 Engines. She has been refitted and looks even better than when she was built in 1961! She is cruising the water at 26 knots and raising double digits every day! The Makaira has been in the water since November 5th, and has fished a total of nine days. Within those nine days she has raised 276 sailfish, 236 bites, and 173 releases! In addition, 18 Blue Marlin raises, 11 Bites, and 3 releases! Plus 10 yellowfin tuna and a handful of mahi-mahi’sI! To say the least, the Makaira is back in action!!
The Grand Prize Winner of the Cummins and Casa Vieja Lodge Catch & Relax Contest, Mr. Ryan Whittemore and his group, fished aboard the Makaira on one of her
first voyages back on the water! During their three days of fishing they had 85 sailfishes raises, 81 bites, 51 releases and a handful of mahi-mahi!
Never before seen offer from Casa Vieja Lodge – Book the Makaira, our beautifully refurbished and re-powered 37’ Rybovich with Capt. Jason Brice, Dec 10th- 11th- 12th and 13th and we’ll throw in Capt. Jake Jordan for free! Yes, four days of fly fishing with this legendary and world renowned fly fishing angler and certified instructor. You will cover everything from soup to nuts; fly tying, rigging, casting, hooking and landing your billfish on the fly. So, bring a buddy or two and learn from the fly guru himself! Call Casa Vieja Lodge or Capt. Jake Jordan for details… Right rigger, right rigger!!!
Catch our New Website
With all of the upgrades done to the boats, lodge, amenities, and culinary experience, over the last few years we realized our website had to reflect these outstanding improvements and give those that don’t know about us a better understanding of what makes Casa Vieja Lodge the best billfishing lodge in the world!
Visit our brand new website and check out all the features that you have been asking for! Daily Fishing Reports, Antigua recommendations, FAQ, contact our staff, and amaze yourself at the beautiful photo galleries that showcase everything from the best fleet in the business, to the spectacular show of the Pacific Sailfish. Take a look for yourself atwww.casaviejalodge.com.
A Look Back at FLIBS and Upcoming 2016 Trade Shows
A big THANKS to everyone who stopped by our booth at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show! it was great meeting all of you and we look forward to seeing you at the lodge. If you stopped by our booth don’t forget about the exclusive booking offer you received!
During the boat show we had special guest appearances by Captain Rick Murphy and Miss Florida Brie Gabrielle of Sportsmans Adventure, Captain Harry Vernon ofCaptain Harry’s Fishing Supply, Captain Chico Alvarenga of the A-Fin-Ity and Release, and IGFA Hall of Fame & Bass Fishing Legend Roland Martin!
If you missed us at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show, you can Catch us on the road at the upcoming shows below.
2016 Dallas Safari Club Convention– Dallas, TX
2016 Safari Club International Convention– Las Vegas, NV
2016 Great American Outdoorsman Show– Harrisburg, PA
2016 Miami International Boat Show– Miami, FL
2016 Louisiana Sportsman Expo– Gonzales, LA
- From November 5-7th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamfisherman), with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 84 raises, 79 bites, and 53 sailfish releases! They also had 2 Blue Marlin raises, 1 Blue Marlin Bite, and 1 Blue Marlin release, as well as 5 mahi-mahi, and 5 yellowfin tunas!
- From November 5-7th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich), with Capt. Jason Brice, had 79 raises, 74 bites, 50 sailfish releases, PLUS 9 blue marlin raises, 5 blue marlin bites, and 10 yellowfin tunas! (Can you say Sashimi!)
- On November 7th, the Spindrift (38′ Stopler), with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 29 raises, 28 bites, and 19 sailfish releases! They also raised 1 blue marlin!
- From November 8-9th, the Makaira, with Capt. Jason Brice, had 91 raises, 60 bites, and 48 conventional sailfish releases and 7 sailfish released on the fly! They also had 1 blue marlin release!
- On November 11th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender), with Capt. Caluco Alvarenga, had 34 raises, 30 bites, and 20 sailfish releases in a HALF-DAY of FISHING! The Contender’s are quick!
- From November 12-14th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender), with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 70 raises, 62 bites, and 47 sailfish releases! Plus 1 blue marlin raise, bite, and released!