The Spot Light is on Casa Vieja!
The Fleet has been seeing a lot of action in December! Film crews have been on and off of our boats filming for their shows and having the experience of a lifetime!
Hilary from Trout TV had an amazing time at Casa Vieja Lodge. She managed to release a striped marlin on the fly and got to explore the great things that Guatemala has to offer! Hilary took a break from fishing and spent her last day at local surfing school and tried her luck fishing of a beautiful rock jetty at sunset.
Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures joined Hilary on her trip to the Lodge and it exceeded all of their expectations! They realized that Casa Vieja is not just a place to come and fish but it is a place to spend quality time with your family and make new friends!
The Fin Chaser crew filmed aboard the El Cadejo and Makaira with Capt. Jason Brice and Capt. Frank Crescitelli’s of The Fin Chaser said, “You totally lived up to the hype and surpassed it! The caliber of captains and mates far surpasses any other charter operation I have ever seen in the world!” The Fin Chasers TV airs on: Destination America – Saturday Morning 5:00AM, Pursuit Channel -Tuesdays 1:30PM – set your DVR’s for this action packed show!
**Don’t forget to visit us in Dallas, Texas January 7-10th at the 2016 Dallas Safari Club Convention. Join us at Booth #1226 for giveaways, show deals, and bid on the trip of a lifetime at the DSC Auction!
Captain Rick Murphy’s in the Casa!
This month we had the pleasure of hosting Captain Rick Murphy from Sportsman Adventures and a few of his captains including Captain Jim Ross, Jimbo Thomas, Randy Towe, Thomas Derringer, Jeffrey Hagaman, and Michael Holliday at the Lodge! This motley crew of infamous captains had the time of their lives! They left raving about Casa Vieja and how they have never experienced fishing like that before! Catching Grand slam after Grand Slam, they ended their trip with a total of:
155 sailfish raises, 109 bites, and 61 releases!
2 striped marlin raises, 2 bites, 2 releases
and a handful of delicious yellow fin tunas!
It was great to show some renowned Captains how we do it at Casa Vieja Lodge, and we look forward to the next visit!
Still looking for the perfect present? Gift a Trip to Casa Vieja Lodge this holiday season and experience what all the talk is about! We’ll mail you a everything you need to surprise your loved one on Christmas Morning! Add in your favorite CVL apparel from our Online Shop and get a FREE Buff with purchases over $25!
- From December 1-3rd, the Spindrift with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga had 79 sailfish raises, 70 bites, and 43 releases. They also had 5 blue marlin raises, 2 bites, and 2 releases. Plus 2 striped marlin raises, 2 bites, and 2 releases!
- On December 3rd, the El Cadejo with Capt. Caluco Alvarenga had 26 sailfish raises, 22 bites, 16 releases, 2 blue marlin raises, and 2 bites.
- From December 3-5th, the Pez Raton with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 84 sailfish raises, 77 bites, and 47 releases. They also had 1 blue marlin raise and bite along with 2 tunas and mahi-mahi!
- On December 4th, the Intensity with Capt. Mike Sheeder had 13 sailfish raises, 13 bites, 8 releases, and 2 blue marlin raises, bites and released!
- On December 6th, the A-Fin-Ity with Capt. Chico Alvarenga had 22 sailfish raises, 20 bites, 12 releases, and 1 blue marlin raise!
- From December 7-9th, the Makaira with Capt. Jason Brice, had 14 sailfish raises, 11 bites, 9 releases, AND 5 blue marlin raises, 1 bite, 1 release ALL ON THE FLY!
- From December 11-13th, the Rum Line with Capt. Chris Sheeder had 53 sailfish raises, 43 bites, and 30 releases. They also had 6 blue marlin raises, 1 bite and release.
- From December 1-13th the blue marlin were HOT with a total of 53 raises, 22 bites, and 12 releases!