Have your next Corporate Retreat at Casa Vieja Lodge!
Corporate retreats are just one thing that Casa Vieja Lodge is known for. We have the ability to host your corporate retreat and make it a trip you will never forget! It is the perfect location for team building, bonding, and above all FISHING! We have special packages and offers for businesses and companies who decide to take their employees and coworkers to Casa Vieja Lodge!
This past weekend while the country was blanketed in that fluffy white stuff, we hosted the Lipman Produce annual corporate retreat! They had an impressive two days of fishing and released 733 sailfish out of 1,093 bites! Needless to say it was more than just the sunshine they enjoyed!
Book this Season before its too late
The fishing this season has been spectacular unlike any we have ever experienced before! We are having more raises, bites, and releases consistently in the double digits! As February and March are just about sold out, this is your opportunity to book now for April and May before it’s too late! We highly recommend securing your winter dates for next season too before someone else does!
April and early May are some of our favorite months of the year for fishing in Guatemala! Between the warm temperature, the flat calm seas and endless amount of fish, it is an opportunity you don’t want to miss! Historically we see more marlin and mahi mahi in the spread and the lack of bustling cold fronts leave the seas looking like a glassy lake. We are giving all of our newsletter subscribers this special advantage to get ahead of the game and book before it’s completely full!!
And who said outboards don’t raise fish? Our new 35’ ST Contenders are giving our classic boats a run for their money! With numbers in January totaling to 537 sailfish raises, 437 sailfish bites, 235 sailfish releases ,and 5 blue marlin raises the Contendersare hands down the best economical decision UNDER 35’in Guatemala. You stay with us, fish with us, and will never forget us!
Catch us in Vegas and Harrisburg!
- From February 3-6th we will be at the 2016 Safari Club International in Las Vegas! If you are attending the show, make sure you stop by our Booth 2355 in the Fishing Village for exclusive offers and to reserve your spot for this fishing season or next! You can also bid on a fishing adventure of a lifetime on February 4th at the SCI Auction on donation #34193.
- From February 6-14th you can catch us in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania at the 2016Great American Outdoor Show! Many clients asked for us to attend this show, so now bring out all your friends and show them we are the reel deal! We will be located at Booth 3006 awaiting your arrival!
Our very own Captain Chris Sheeder surprised himself this past week by breaking his own record on bait and switch raising 126 sailfish, having 120 bites, and releasing a whopping 89 Sailfish aboard the Rum Line! Congratulations to the Rum Line Crew and anglers that made these numbers possible!
Our humble mate aboard the Rum Line, Nicolas Melendrez, has surpassed 30,000 billfish releases!! Not many people can say that in their lifetime they have released OVER 30,000 BILLFISH! He has been fishing in Guatemala for over 20 years and couldn’t have done this anywhere else besides the Sailfish Capital of the World as he clearly has the astonishing numbers to prove it! We could not be more proud or impressed, CONGRATULATIONS NICO! Check out his article in Marlin Magazine HERE!
We are extremely honored and appreciative to have the top captains and mates running our fleet at Casa Vieja, giving and teaching our anglers experiences that will last a lifetime!
If you are looking to defrost from the snow and experience some serious fishing action, Casa Vieja is the place to be! The second half of January has been EPIC of biblical proportions! It’s like Moses parted the Pacific and we ended up with all of the billfish! Every day out on the water we beat our previous expectations! I think the numbers below will speak for themselves:
- From January 14-16th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. David Salazar, had 143 sailfish raises, 134 bites, and 81 releases! They also had 4 blue marlin raises, 2 bites, and 2 releases!
- From January 15-17th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 130 sailfish raises, 126 bites, and 80 releases!
- From January 17-19th, the El Cadejo (35’ Contender) with Capt. Caluco Alvarenga, had 121 sailfish raises, 69 bites, and 29 releases. They also had 2 blue marlin raise, 1 blue marlin bite, and 1 blue marlin release all on the fly!
- From January 19-20th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 99 sailfish raises, 50 bites, 32 releases, 2 blue marlin raises, and 1 blue marlin release!
- From January 19-21st, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 191 sailfish raises, 92 bites, 53 releases, and 5 blue marlin raises all on the FLY!
- From January 23-24th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 197 sailfish raises, 188 bites, 128 releases, and 1 blue marlin raise & bite in just TWO DAYS OF FISHING!!