Our forecast for next month calls for calm seas and April Marlin showers. This past month our fleet raised over 40 Blue Marlin! If you are looking to battle a blue on light tackle or fly make sure to book now for April and May as space is extremely limited.
Fun Fish Fact: The Blue Marlin Trifecta includes seas, crews, and fish. Casa Vieja has got it all!
- Seas: Guatemala has the most favorable sea conditions, two feet or less in the spring time. Ideal for fly and light tackle.
- Crews: We have the most experienced crews on fly and light tackle in the business. No one in the industry has captured, tagged, and released more billfish than CVL!
- Fish: The average Blue Marlin weighs between 250- 300lbs and the fish typically will not dive over 150 feet making it the optimum conditions for catching these fish on light tackle and fly.
Come and experience this trifecta for yourself at Casa Vieja Lodge! Don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime. We still have a few spots left in April and May! Make sure to contact us to claim your spot!
Our Inshore Fishing Specialist
Our very own Captain Franz Hoffman, aboard the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender), is our proclaimed Inshore Fishing Specialist! If you are looking to fish one day inshore or three, Capt. Franz is your guy! He is your guide to fun inshore fishing for mackerel, jacks, skip jack tuna, grouper, snapper, and rooster fish.
Capt. Franz is at the helm of the Pez Raton, one of our brand new 35’ ST Contenders. The Contenders are ideal for inshore fishing allowing you to move around quickly and get to the fish faster! The Contender offers anglers the best in quality, reliability, fishability, performance, and comfort. It is perfect for small groups (2-3 anglers) and ideal for single anglers, the 35’ ST Contender will give the hands-on feeling of being on an offshore pro team. The walk-around feature also gives anglers the edge over conventional sportfishers for those multiple fish hookups on fly or conventional tackle.
Don’t Wait & Let Them Get Away!
The lodge was packed this month with Spring Breakers! Families from all over spent their week off relaxing at Casa Vieja Lodge and we couldn’t have had more fun! Between the pool, the meals, and the fishing they had a trip that will last them a lifetime! CVL is the perfect spot to spend time with your family and friends! In a single trip here your child could easily be awarded a top-tagging junior angler by The Billfish Foundationby tagging all of the of billfish they release! The daily totals here far out weigh anywhere else in the world!
If you didn’t get a chance to celebrate spring break it is your time to take off and enjoy! Don’t miss out on these prime openings that we have available in April! Check out the dates below and give us a call to hold down your spot before someone beats you to it! Don’t even think about it, JUST DO IT! The fish and lodge staff are awaiting your arrival!
Hurry and book! Available dates:
- The Intensity (37′ Gamefisherman): April 2-5
- The Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar): April 5-8
- The Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman): April 9-12
- The Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles): April 12-14
- The Makaira (37′ Rybovich): April 13-14
- The Pez Raton (35′ Contender): April 2-15
The numbers this fishing season have been consistently awesome! The fishing keeps getting better and better! March has given us endless amounts of Sailfish as well as Marlin, Tuna, and Mahi-Mahi! With impressive numbers up in the 90’s you DO NOT want to miss out on this fishing season!! You still have a chance to get into the bite! Stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE! Check out some of the highlights from the end of March:
- From March 11- 22nd, fishing a total of 8 days, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 504 raises, 420 bites, and 263 sailfish releases. They also had a whopping 8 blue marlin raises, 3 blue marlin bites and 2 blue marlin releases!!
- From March 14-17th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. David Salazar, had 155 raises, 85 bites, 30 sailfish releases, plus Mahi-Mahi’s all ON THE FLY!
- From March 15-27th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 784 raises, 596 bites, and 416 sailfish releases! They also had 3 blue marlin raises, 1 blue marlin bites and 1 blue marlin release!
- From March 17-18th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Caluco Alvarenga, had 72 raises, 68 bites, and 49 sailfish releases. They also had 1 blue marlin raised and released as well at 16 Mahi-Mahi!! In just TWO DAYS!
- From March 17-28th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 490 raises, 431 bites, and 277 sailfish releases! They also had 1 blue marlin raised, bite, and released!
- From March 23-25th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 173 raises, 93 bites, 39 sailfish releases, and 1 blue marlin raise all ON THE FLY!