2016 No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout
This year our annual No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout will take place November 10-12, 2016.
This is Guatemala’s most exciting & prestigious billfish tournament and anglers have more reason than ever to secure their spot aboard one of the nine boats in the Casa Vieja Lodge Fleet and get the best sport fishing experience on and off the water.
The tournament is not only about the fish, it’s about giving back! Every missed bite, or ‘sancocho’, costs anglers $20. Time to put your money where your mouth is! All funds raised during the tournament go directly to support the local primary school in Guatemala, Santa Cecilia. Many of our staff and others in the local sportfishing community children attend this school and the funds raised help to renovate the school giving them clean water, a sturdy roof, supplies and much more!
Don’t miss out on fishing this tournament, it’s a blast! Between daily water balloon fights, dock parties, evening activities like casino and karaoke night, and daily activities for the ladies like a visit to the historic city of Antigua, a hike-up Pacaya Volcano, and a relaxing spa day at La Reunion Spa, everyone will leave wishing they didn’t have to!
Call us today to reserve your spot in the 2016 No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout. Read more about the last tournament from an article in Marlin Magazine by John Brownlee,CLICK HERE
Chat with us LIVE Online!
Have a question for us? Want to inquire about dates and book your trip instantly? Now you can! We now have a brand new live chat system on our website. You can chat with us directly for all of the information you need! All you need to do is go toCasaViejaLodge.com on your desktop, laptop, mobile, or any device and a chat conversation will appear instantly! Simply send a message to us and we will respond promptly during business hours, if not leave us a message!
While you are visiting our website don’t forget to take a look at the daily fishing reports! We are the ONLY fishing lodge that post our good, not so good, and outstanding daily fishing reports for our all to view!
Improving Your Casa Vieja Lodge
Beginning in June, Casa Vieja Lodge will be undergoing some renovations to make the lodge an even BETTER place for you! Casa Vieja is not only a lodge, it is an experience. We concentrate on the smallest details to make our clients comfortable and make sure they have an amazing time. Because of this we will only take bookings through the end of June, making June 15% off!! We will have a few boats running, and a smaller staff operating than normal during June but our exceptional staff service will remain the same and the renovations will not affect your stay!
During June we are expecting the fishing to remain very steady with many more of the pelagic fish like dorado and yellowfin tuna in the spread, as well as your typical calm seas. The Marlin have been very active this month and will continue through our waters into July. This trip would make a GREAT graduation present and you save 15%, but we won’t tell!
- On April 1st, the Afinity caught a 486.2 lb Dorado, Click HERE to see more. But then again it was on the day of the fools!! Hope everyone enjoyed a laugh!
- From April 1-8th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 162 raises, 141 bites, and 60 sailfish releases! Plus 7 blue marlin raises, 5 blue marlin bites, 3 blue marlin releases, 1 tuna AND 1 Mahi-mahi!
- From April 1-12th, only fishing a total of 8 days, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 233 raises, 165 bites, 75 sailfish releases, PLUS 3 blue marlin raises, 2 blue marlin bites, 4 tuna, and 2 mahi-mahi!!
- From April 2-4th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Caluco Alvarenga, had 46 raises, 25 bites, and 15 sailfish releases. They also had 2 blue marlin raises, 2 blue marlin bites,1 blue marlin release, and 1 tuna!
- From April 5-8th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. David Salazar, had 75 raises, 44 bites, 19 sailfish releases, plus 1 blue marlin raised!
- From April 6-8th, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 73 raises, 52 bites, and 20 sailfish releases. They also had 1 blue marlin raise and 1 blue marlin bite.
- From April 11-12th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 62 raises, 43 bites, and 20 sailfish releases! They also raised 1 blue marlin and had 2 Mahi-mahi!