Come Fall in Love with Marlin!
Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall! It’s time to fall in love with a blue marlin during the prime fall season for that prized game fish at Casa Vieja Lodge. Black marlin are also a possibility now, while the best sailfishing in the world continues. If you missed out last season on our world renowned billfishing numbers get a head start this fall as our winter availability is far and few between.
At Casa Vieja Lodge we like to indulge our anglers from around the globe with unequaled comfort and 5-star service, so after a long day of fishing, come back to the beautiful CVL and relax because your in great hands! Make sure to make a reservation today, because spots are filling up quickly this season!
Win a Trip at the CCA Banquet- Dade Chapter
The CCA Banquet is one of our favorite events to start off our season! The Coastal Conservation Association is a non-profit marine organization that stands to conserve, promote & enhance the present and future availability of our coastal resources.
Casa Vieja Lodge takes pride in being apart of such a great association and is donating a trip to be auctioned at the 2016 CCA Banquet on October 20th, 2016 at the Coral Gables Country Club at 6:00PM. Last year’s banquet was a success and we ended up donating two trips due to the high demand, so this year we need our clients help to hopefully make it three trips!
The trip being auctioned off includes an all-inclusive trip to Casa Vieja Lodge for 4 days, 3 nights, & 2 full days of billfishing aboard one of our brand new 35’ Contenders. Don’t miss out on your chance to meet the entire CVL Miami staff, bid for a trip to CVL for a great cause, & learn more about the lodge! Get your tickets today HERE.
Tagging fish not only provides important scientific information about migratory patterns and growth rates, but also adds to the fishing experience of anglers when their fish is recaptured. That was the case for Angler Matthew MacLaughlin from North Carolina after his Casa Vieja 90 lb Guatemalan sailfish was tagged by Capt. Chris Sheeder of theRum Line on April 12, 2016 before rather quickly being recaptured. After 132 days at large, it only took a short three-minutes to recapture this beauty again –about 250 miles away off Nicaragua on August 22, 2016 aboard the Pelese. Ironically, the skipper reporting that catch during the Flor De Cana Tournament was Capt. John LaGrone who spent many years running boats in Guatemala. We hope to see the beauty again for a third time!
Thanks to The Billfish Foundation we are able to keep track of our recaptures and continue to protect these majestic monsters! Casa Vieja clients can participate in the tagging program that may lead to a certificate from TBF by purchasing those tags at the Lodge, simply let your captain know you want to tag your billfish!
Getting a return on a tagged fish usually requires tagging a volume of them — and there’s no better place for that than Casa Vieja Lodge
- September 12th-16th our Senior Fishing Consultant, Mr. Herb Rosell, made his annual pilgrimage to the 63rd San Juan International Billfish Tournament. This is a great tournament for Casa Vieja Lodge because it holds the majority of our clients from the Caribbean. Many of our clients come down to CVL not only for the beautiful experience, but to hone in on their skills from bait preparation all the way to fighting these majestic monsters on light tackle to perform well at this tournament. Artist & great friend, Carey Chen & baseball star, Wade Boggs even made a stop at our booth to check out what has been happening with the Lodge! With 47 boats & 198 anglers, there were 58 releases after four days. We are looking forward to next year’s 64th San Juan International Billfish Tournament!
- We want to send a BIG Congratulations to Mr. Tim Choate on his induction into the IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame. Mr. Choate has made numerous contributions to the sport of Big Game Fishing. We would like to recognize and give thanks to Mr. Choate for starting the fishing industry in beautiful Guatemala and putting the famous Fins ‘n Feathers on the map. Majority of the staff and crew from Fins ‘n Feathers is still with Casa Vieja to this day. Come down and check out your old pals! Please take a moment to watch Mr. Choate’s induction video HERE.
- Our annual 2016 No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout is almost here! All boats are officially sold out! We will see all of our excited anglers November 10th -12th. If you weren’t able to reserve your spot this year, there is always next year!
- We will see you all at the 2016 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show on November 3rd -7th. Make sure to stop by our booth #1062 to learn more about your next trip to CVL!
- Don’t miss out on your chance to win a FREE trip to CVL with BD Outdoors!! Enter to win HERE.