Our annual No Sancocho Sailfish Shootout is only two weeks away and all of our boats are officially SOLD OUT! We are looking forward to all of our anglers getting to experience Guatemala’s most exciting & prestigious billfishing tournament. Every missed bite, or sancocho, will cost the anglers $20 and will be collected & donated to the Santa Cecilia Primary School, a local school in Puerto San Jose. Last year we donated over $5,240 from 262 sancochos, we can’t wait to see what this year has in store! If you weren’t able to reserve your spot this year, make sure to look out for our 2017 dates!
Single Angler? No Problem!
Solo angler — no problem, we are introducing Single Anglers Week at the lodge. This is a perfect pre-holiday present for a single angler. CVL is running this Single Anglers Week from December 10th through the 14th. To clarify, this is for those that can’t round up their buddies to fish and split the expenses. Now you can come alone, and share the expenses of the charter with other anglers.
Fishing days are December 11th, 12th, & 13th in the world’s most reliable billfishing grounds. In most areas, sharing a boat while billfishing could be a potential problem when strikes are hard to come by. However, in the bountiful Pacific waters of Guatemala that’s rarely a problem with our fleet averaging over 15 raises per day/boat. Your chances of releasing sails every day are very good — and December’s a prime time for an additional shot at a blue or black marlin, plus yellowfin or bigeye tuna — or even the occasional wahoo.
An opportunity to enjoy offshore fishing of this quality without having to round up a group of friends doesn’t come around very often. Talk up the Holiday present you really want to have in advance, and show off the photos to your family & friends. Give us a call at (800) 882-4665 for details, and start exercising now so you’ll be able to handle that hot billfishing in December, while others are fighting the cold at home!
Keeping Up With the Lodge
- On October 4, 2016 we started this fishing season off with a bang! Captain Nicho Alvarenga, aboard the Spindrift (38′ Stolper), had a total of 36 raises, 32 bites, and 21 sailfish releases. They finished the day off with 3 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, and 2 marlin releases. To say the least.. we are expecting this season to be HOT! You can always check out our daily fishing reports on our website HERE.
- The first snow fall has arrived stateside, and the office phones have been ringing non-stop! Don’t wait to reserve your spot at the beautiful CVL! Spend your holidays with Casa Vieja Lodge and enjoy the beautiful weather, majestic fishing, & 5-star accommodations with your family, friends & loved ones. Book today for Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, or New Years, we promise to make your holiday a special one!
- Make sure to stop by our booth at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2016, we will be at Bahia Mar, Booth #1062! Come learn more about your next trip to the lodge and get some CVL swag! We will debut the new CVL YETI Tumblers & Colsters for sale at our booth as well as our website. Who knows what might be inside when you purchase one!
- We are proud sponsors of the The Billfish Foundation and are donating a trip to their Annual Gala Fundraiser on November 4, 2016! Don’t miss out on your chance to win our awesome couples basket & bid on a trip for 2 to CVL aboard the Finest Kind, our 40′ Whiticar with Capt. David Salazar.
- Check out Captain Chris Sheeder sharing his experiences fishing with light tackle on the Rum Line, in Voyages de Pêche Magazine. Read the Article HERE Also, don’t miss another one of Capt. Sheeders awesome Hot Shots in Marlin Magazine HERE!