Ring in the Holidays with Billfish at CVL!
Looking for a special place to spend the holidays? Need a last minute gift? Reserve your spot today at Casa Vieja Lodge this holiday season. Call us today to give a special gift to a special some one at (800) 882-4665. CVL is family friendly and would love for you to spend your holidays ringing in billfish on the beautiful pacific coast of Guatemala, the sailfish capital of the world. Enjoy 5-star accommodations, delicious food, an abundance of billfish and most likely some fresh tuna that you caught! Sound’s enticing right?
Make your experience at Casa Vieja Lodge a memorable one with a helicopter ride to/from the Lodge as you fly next to the mesmerizing volcanoes of Guatemala. Instead of making the 90-minute van drive to/from the airport, zoom through Volcano Pacaya, Agua, and Fuego on your way to/from the airport There’s not too many places in the world where you can fly over volcanoes on your way home!
Non Angler? No Problem!
Want to get the full Guatemalan experience and take a day off from fighting billfish? Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours is a beautiful place to visit and learn more about what Guatemala has to offer. Start your visit to Filedelfia by taking the world renowned coffee tour as you walk through the nursery and coffee plantation, then continue through the wet milling and drying patio where the beans are processed and sorted, and finish the tour off in the cupping lab sipping on the best coffee in the world, the R. Dalton Genuine Antigua!
Feeling adventurous? Zip line between San Felipe de Jesus and Jocotenango inside Finca Filadelfia. Pick between two different tours: the Forest Express or the Canyon Express and enjoy the unforgettable experience, zip lining between mountains at a height of 500 feet! No experience is required to participate, just sit back relax & enjoy the thrill!
Ask our staff today about booking your day trip to Finca Filadelfia Coffee Resort & Tours! Call us at (800) 882-4665 for an experience of a lifetime!
Happy Snow Bird Season! We are excited to accommodate all of our snow birds with warm weather, flat-calm seas, awesome fishing, and cold cocktails! We have seen double digit raises across the board on a daily basis since the start of the season, and not to mention handfuls of Marlin and a Grand Slam if you can handle it.
CONGRATULATIONS to our eight-year-old junior anglers, Charles & Brown Gaddy, for releasing their 100th Billfish EACH! Keep catchin’ them Gaddy boys! Don’t miss out on the action this season! Give us a call today to reserve your spot before it’s too late. Also, make sure to check out our daily fishing report on our website HERE. Below are just a few of the November highlights.
- November 9th-12th, the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 64 raises, 50 bites, & 20 sailfish releases! They also had 2 blue marlin raises and bites!
- November 10th-12th, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 87 raises, 80 bites, & 62 sailfish releases! Plus 2 blue marlin raises, 2 blue marlin bites & 2 blue marlin releases!
- November 10th-15th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 179 raises, 148 Bites, 95 sailfish releases, PLUS 2 blue marlin raises, 2 blue marlin bites and 2 blue marlin releases!
- November 17th-18th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 36 raises, 33 bites, and 24 sailfish releases. They also had 1 blue marlin raise!
- November 24th-29th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 130 raises, 117 bites, & 73 releases! Plus 1 blue marlin raised, 2 blue marlin bite & 2 tuna!
- November 26th-28th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 68 raises, 59 bites, & 36 sailfish releases. Plus 2 blue marlin raises, 2 blue marlin bites, & 2 blue marlin releases!
- November 26th– 29th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar), with Capt. David Salazar fished conventional and fly. They had 38 raises, 24 bites, & 14 sailfish releases! Plus 6 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases = GRANDSLAM
- November 25th-29th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice fished conventional and fly. They had 88 raises, 76 bites, & 51 sailfish releases! They also has 2 marlin raises and 1 marlin bite.
Marlin Magazine Dec/Jan Issue HERE.