Last Stop- BOOK FOR 2018
It’s your last chance to see CVL Office staff out on the road. Visit us in at the 2017 Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg TODAY thru Sunday, February 12th at Booth 3006 in the North Fishing Hall. It’s a long show and we love to see familiar faces.
Also catch us at the new and improved 2017 Miami International Boat Show February 16-20th at Booth D316 next to Captain Harry’s Fishing Supply. Captain Rick Murphy and Miss Florida Brie Gabrielle of the Chevy Florida Insider Fishing Report will be making a stop on both Saturday and Sunday from 1:15-2pm, as well as Captain David Salazar of the Finest Kind.
Please book your 2018 dates with us at the shows or contact us at the Miami Office. We cannot stress to you enough, to please book your 2018 trips now! We know some of our clients are waiting until the end of their trip to rebook, but we have clients securing dates already for February and March 2018, January is SOLD-OUT! Don’t let your dates slip away. Call us at 1-800-882-4665 and lock in your annual fishing trip.
The Big Engine That Can
Have you ever noticed just how perfect our fleet of boats run on a daily basis. Have you ever tried to maintain your own boat? How about 9? This month we’d like to highlight our Certified Cummins Mechanic Jorge Archila who keeps our fleet raising fish. Jorge is always behind the scenes and prefers the immaculate engine rooms, but say hello next time you see him on the dock. On occasion a boat may have a setback, but to the rescue is Jorge and his crew that work tirelessly through the night to get our beauties back on the water the next day!
Our fleet of classic sport fishers are equipped with the quiet but powerful Cummins QSB 6.7 Engines which allow you to still hear the crew instructions, with no yelling involved! Thank you Jorge and the Casa Vieja Marine Services Crew!
No Work, and Lots of Play
Work hard and get rewarded harder! Our annual corporate groups had their outing of the year these past 2 weeks and Casa Vieja was more than happy to help them indulge! The Lipman Produce group on their weekend getaway consisted of 34 anglers fished for 2 days on 8 boats and had 336 sailfish, 294 bites, 199 releases, plus 8 marlin raises, 8 bites, and 6 releases and of course fresh mahi-mahi and yellow fin tuna. They always know how to have a great time and made for one productive weekend!
The Michael’s Organization made their trip back to the lodge and also toured our local primary school Santa Cecilia to see the improvements made over the past year as collectively the Michael’s Organization raised $55,000 last February. Their group consisted of 46 anglers and fished for 5 days on 12 boats. The sailfish were plentiful with 734 raises, 549 bites, and 345 releases. The Marlin were more popular this trip with 72 raises, 62 bites, and 43 releases, along with mahi-mahi for fresh hot lunches aboard the boat! During their 7 days at the lodge they were kept busy nightly with mariachi bands, casino night, local artisanal shopping night, and a stunning fireworks show.
Please join us in congratulating the leader of the Michael’s Organization, Mike Levitt, as it was announced during this trip of his nomination to the Class of 2017 IGFA Hall of Famethis October, an honor that few people have earned. Congratulations Mike!
February has opened the gates for Striped Marlin and they have been present on a daily basis, as well as Blue Marlin. We’ve had 5 Grand Slams in the past 2 weeks, and more to come. On February 1st Captain Mike Sheeder of the Intensity recaptured a Blue Marlin and we are standing by for more info. Remember we are the only lodge in the world to post the daily Fishing Reports which you can find HERE. Below are just a few of the highlights:
- February 3rd-8th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 15 raises, 10 bites, 4 marlin releases, plus sailfish galore! On Feb 2nd he had a Grand Slam.
- February 3rd-8th, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 123 raises, 98 bites, & 49 sailfish releases! Plus 5 blue marlin raises, 4 blue marlin bites, 4 blue marlin releases.
- February 3rd-4th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder had 33 raises, 18 bites, & 17 releases! Plus 10 stripe marlin raises, 10 stripe marlin bites, 7 stripe marlin releases in two days!
- February 2nd-7th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice had 90 raises, 78 bites, & 45 sailfish releases! They also had 7 blue marlin raises, 5 bites, 2 releases AND 6 stripe marlin raises, 5 bites, and 3 releases!
- February 6th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar), with Capt. David Salazar, had 24 raises, 23 bites, & 17 sailfish releases! Plus 3 stripe marlin raises, 2 bites, and 1 release, AND 1 blue marlin release for a Grand Slam!
- February 2nd-8th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 173 raises, 139 bites, & 82 sailfish releases. PLUS combined blues and stripe marlin of 12 raises, 10 bites, 7 marlin releases and a Grand Slam on February 4th!
- February 1st-3rd the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 35 raises, 28 bites, & 15 sailfish releases! They also had 3 blue marlin raises, 1 bite and 1 release, plus 3 stripe marlin raises, 3 bites, and 2 releases!
- February 3rd-8th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 321 raises, 251 bites, and 162 sailfish releases. They also had 6 stripe marlin raises, 4 bites, and 3 releases!
- Captain Nestor Garcia, at the helm of our overflow boat the Sharky’s Revenge (46′ Kincheloe Nickerson) hosted back to back Grand Slams on February 3rd and 4th.
“I’m at Casa Vieja Lodge, where are you?”