Summer Fishing Plans
Summer is so close we can feel the heat! Secure your summer vacation plans at Casa Vieja Lodge and grab an extra 15% off during June and July. Our “people season” is slowing down, but definitely not the fishing! With the extra time during summer plan to explore more of the hidden gem, our beautiful Guatemala, by arranging excursions to Antigua, or the Mayan Ruins of Tikal. You’ll return from your trip culturally rich, and a much better angler!
It’s your last chance to register for Solo Angler’s Weekend being held next weekend May 10th-14th. If you don’t have plans, seize the chance to come down as a single angler at a much cheaper rate than normal. For $2,930/angler you will fish with the best in the business for 3 full days of fishing, 4 nights lodging (including your private room), VIP airport transportation, alcohol and meals, laundry service, and the finest tournament tackle. Call our Miami office at 1-800-882-4665 for more information or email us. Don’t be left sitting on your couch next weekend thinking I should’ve, I could’ve, JUST DO IT!
The blue marlin release flag has been a prominent fixture these past two weeks. The man in the blue suit has made an earlier debut than normal and will be here all summer long. With the sailfishing still holding strong and the mahi mahi flashing it’s bright colors, April has come to an end and leaves us looking forward to the start of Summer and the variety of species it offers!
17 marlin releases the past two weeks!
There is still time to bring your crew down and refresh their skills before the summer tournament season. Secure your tournament investment and practice with the best in the business as you may only have one shot to get that money fish, and you don’t want the lack of preparation to get in the way. Guatemala is a 2.5hr direct flight from Dallas, Houston, Atlanta, and Miami. From the Airport, we drive you direct to Casa Vieja Lodge, about 90 mins, and you will be out fishing the next morning. Check out our Daily Fishing Report HERE, and compare the number of bites with your backyard, and then let us know when you’d like to come on down!
Marlin Mania has begun and we are expecting it to last the entire Summer! Catching a sailfish, blue marlin, and striped marlin all in one day to complete your GRAND SLAM is a once in a lifetime opportunity, so don’t miss it! All our boats are equipped with the latest fly gear to compliment our expert fly fishing Captains and Mates. Only a few anglers can say that they caught a Grand Slam all on the fly, but at Casa Vieja Lodge it is more than a possibility! Call us today to reserve your spot and create memories that will last a lifetime 1-800-882-4665.
Spend your Summer vacation fishing with us and enjoying the 5-Star Angling Experience that Casa Vieja Lodge has to offer. Remember, you can always find our daily fishing reports on out website HERE. Below are just a few highlights:
- April 1st-6th, the El Cadejo (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 45 raises, 35 bites, and 24 sailfish releases. PLUS 11 mahi-mahi!
- April 15th-May 1st, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice fished conventional and fly, they had 176 raises, 157 bites, and 107 sailfish releases. They also had 12 marlin raises, 9 marlin bites, 5 marlin releases, AND 6 mahi mahi.
- April 17th-28th, the Rum Line (40’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder fished conventional and fly, they had 171 raises, 136 bites, and 82 sailfish releases! Plus 16 marlin raises, 9 marlin bites, 4 marlin release, mahi-mahi, AND tuna!
- April 18th-May 1st, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar), with Capt. David Salazar, had 183 raises, 158 bites, and 101 sailfish releases! They also had 10 marlin raises, 7 marlin bites, 5 marlin releases, and 3 mahi-mahi!
- April 22nd-28th, fishing a total of 3 days, the Intensity (37’ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 32 raises, 16 bites, and 13 sailfish releases! Plus 4 marlin raises, 2 marlin bite, and 1 marlin release ALL ON THE FLY!
- April 19th-May 2nd, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 124 raises, 86 bites, and 45 sailfish releases. They also had 10 marlin raises, 8 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, AND 2 roosterfish!
- April 25th-30th the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga fished conventional and fly, they had 89 raises, 49 bites, and 33 sailfish releases. PLUS 6 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, and 3 mahi-mahi!
- April 26th-28th, the Pez Raton (35’ ST Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 32 raises, 27 bites, and 16 sailfish releases. They also had 8 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, catching a GRAND SLAM, and mahi-mahi!!
“Summer is so close you can smell it. And it smells like Fishin’ and cold ones!”