Costa Holiday Catch
During the holiday season you are always on the hunt for deals. Look no further than the Costa Holiday Catch Sweepstakes where you can enter to win one of two fishing trips. Adventure one, a trip to Casa Vieja Lodge or Adventure 2, the Florida Keys.
Two lucky anglers will be guided by Costa Pro Captains and spend a day reeling in billfish, and a day helping coastal areas in need. Both rewarding opportunities in much needed regions.
After you register for the sweepstakes, give the gift of Costa sunglasses to a loved one to help them spot billfish quicker than the CVL crew!
To learn more about Costa del Mar Sunglasses and the #onecoast movement visit CLICK HERE.
Catch us in 2018
Casa Vieja Lodge will be travelling across the US to different conventions visiting old clients, and hopefully meeting new ones. This is a great opportunity to learn more and take advantage of show discounts. Below is our show schedule. We’d love for you to stop by and say hi, and bring a few friends.
2017 Dallas Safari Club
January 4-7, Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center
2018 Houston Safari Club
January 26-28, George Brown Convention Center
2018 Safari Club International
January 31- February 3, Las Vegas Convention Center
2018 Great American Outdoors Show
February 3-11, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex
2018 Miami International Boat Show
February 15-19, Miami Marine Stadium
December has been pleasant and tropical in Guatemala with an average high of 87 degrees. As usual, the seas have been calm and our fleet is geared up for another spectacular season. Our anglers have had the pleasure of feasting on fresh Mahi-mahi sandwiches on-board daily. Since the start of the month, our fleet has caught 70 mahi-mahi and Marlin have been in the spread every day!
Below are some fishing highlights and you can always see the daily fishing report HERE.
- November 27th-December 6th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 120 raises, 94 bites, and 58 sailfish releases. They also had 6 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, 1 tuna, and 10 mahi-mahi.
- November 28th-December 6th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 120 raises, 96 bites, and 68 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, 22 mahi-mahi, and 12 tuna!
- November 28th-December 6th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 63 raises, 58 bites, and 36 sailfish releases. They also had 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 7 mahi-mahi.
- November 29th-December 4th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Efron Rizzo, had 72 raises, 62 bites, and 40 sailfish releases. They also had 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 12 mahi-mahi!
- November 29th-December 6th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with substitute Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 98 raises, 60 bites, 35 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, AND 21 mahi-mahi.
- Fishing December 1st, 2nd, & 6th, the Afinity (39’ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 24 raises, 13 bites, and 12 sailfish releases. They also had 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases (1 Striped Marlin), and 8 mahi-mahi!