Celebrate Your Graduate at CVL
A memorable summer trip is what you need for the special graduate in your life. They say that time flies and it’s evident when high school/college graduation is around the corner, for that once “little one” that is on the verge of outgrowing you! Take a trip this summer and connect with lifelong memories of catching billfish out on the Pacific Ocean at Casa Vieja Lodge. They say you only have 18 summers to share, but hopefully, you get more, as we know they won’t turn down a trip to epic Casa Vieja!
Summer billfish tournaments have begun for a few of you, but the question is were you prepared? How much practice have you put in to secure your tournament investment? It’s not too late to come and train with the best where you can get an average of 12-15 billfish shots each day. A quick flight to Guatemala, and you’ll be fishing 7am-5pm the next day. The crew will be as little hands on as you dictate, or you can even bring your whole team down for a complete practice run, but please leave the cooking of your fresh mahi-mahi catch to us!
Mount your Catch
Unlike animals, fish mounts do not require you to kill the fish, as the actual fish is not used for the mount, but instead is caught, measured, and released! The mount is made with multiple layers of fiberglass and is light for their size. This past season many of our clients have opted to mount their trophy fish with our choice, Gray’s Taxidermy, the largest marine taxidermy company in the world with over 50 years business.
Our CVL captains will provide you with the type, length, and/or weight of the fish, and if you have a photograph Gray’s artist look for details and special characteristics of each particular fish for customization. Many of you have all types of animals in your trophy room, but it’s time you brighten it up with a spectacular and exotic Pacific sailfish, marlin, or dorado! Let the memories of your unforgettable time out on the Pacific Ocean live on forever!
Price Increase on Horizon
We have been overwhelmed with responses to our optional helicopter transport from Guatemala City Airport to the Lodge so we’d like to share all the details with you for those that would like to try something quicker, different, and absolutely breathtaking.
For the anglers that chose the helicopter upon arrival in Guatemala City, they will have the unique opportunity to tour the volcanoes (Pacaya, Agua, Fuego), ancient Antigua, and the marina by air prior to arriving in 45 minutes. The average package for 4 people in the Lone Ranger Helicopter is $1,550 p/w, and of course, the flight is weather dependent. For more information or to reserve your helicopter tour give us a call or email us here.
We’d also like to take this opportunity to let you know that a 5% price increase for the 2019-2020 season will begin June 1, 2019, for all future trips taken from October 1st onward. We will still honor the current rate if you put down your 50% deposit before May 31st only. We are proud to say throughout lodge and boat improvements, insane fuel prices, a then-struggling economy, we maintained our same prices for 4 years and still provided the best 5-star angling experience possible. We value our relationships, take pride in our work, and look forward to being apart of your fishing memories for years to come.
We had some insane 50+ bite days, and then we had the exact opposite 1 bite day, heck it’s fishing and they love to play with our emotions but it sure beats a day in the office! The Borrachos de Pescado know about that very well as they just wrapped up there Invitational which they took international this year. Fishing 8 boats out of both Casa Vieja and Sailfish Oasis, some of their anglers began fishing in Guatemala 18 years ago! It was a great time had by all and we hope they permanently move their tournament to Guatemala!
This upcoming Memorial Day Weekend the lodge is sold-out and will be quite memorable with family and friends on route to tropical Guatemala! Luckily the large and delicious mahi-mahi have been a constant fresh catch, with juicy Mahi burgers aboard the boat, and the sailfish and daily blue marlin action have kept anglers busy, with a handful of days with 2-4 Blue RELEASES!
Check out the impressive numbers below, you can see that there has been no shortage of fresh mahi-mahi sandwiches aboard our boats for lunch!:
- April 9th-20th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 156 raises, 137 bites, and 95 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, and 13 mahi-mahi.
- May 3rd-21st, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 214 raises, 184 bites, and 121 sailfish releases plus 7 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases, and 11 mahi-mahi!
- May 7th-19th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 130 raises, 94 bites, and 25 sailfish releases plus 4 mahi-mahi, 1 grouper, and 9 roosterfish!
- May 7th-20th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 141 raises, 133 bites, and 81 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 1 tuna, and 14 mahi-mahi.
- May 8th-21st, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 140 raises, 112 bites, and 64 sailfish releases plus 9 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases, and 6 mahi-mahi.
- May 9th-21st, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar/Capt. Terry Brennan, had 136 raises, 122 bites, and 76 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, and 10 mahi-mahi.
- May 14th & 16th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, had 37 raises, 29 bites, and 18 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, and 4 mahi-mahi.
- May 14th-21st, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 95 raises, 85 bites, and 56 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, and 14 mahi-mahi.
- May 16th-21st, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 63 raises, 53 bites, and 36 sailfish releases plus 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, and 8 mahi-mahi!
(305) 854-4665 / Kirsten@CasaViejaLodge.com
- June 6-7-8: Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)
- June 10-11-12: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- June 14-15-16: Makaira (37′ Rybovich) & El Cadejo (35′ Contender) *