Next Year, I’ll Fish More
We all know New Year resolutions seem to be for areas of physical improvements…I’ll eat less, I’ll work out more… how about doing something you’ll actually stick to… I’ll fish more!! That, Casa Vieja Lodge can help make happen!
You may own a boat with intentions of going fishing more often, but we all know how that happens. One needs to wake up early and haul the boat to the marina, buy the bait, prepare the boat with rods, tackle, food and beverages. Mostly likely have a very long run out to the fishing grounds, albeit not in calm or warm conditions, but it’s worth it when you get that first release…if it comes! At the day’s end you need to wash the boat, all the equipment, clean the fish, and haul it back home. Whew.
Casa Vieja will assist you with the fun part of being out on the water. Let us take care of every detail and you just catch fish, lots of them. Hot mahi-mahi sandwiches aboard the boat which requires no cooking and cleaning from you, but no pressure to catch it as we also have cheeseburgers available! By the way, you can also wake up an hour before fishing and enjoy our state of the art gym to stick to that ‘ole lose weight resolution too!
Profile Traveler’s Insurance
For any trip you take, Trip Insurance is always suggested. Please protect your investment as the onus is on you for any unexpected interruption prior to or during your trip.
At Casa Vieja Lodge we recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Travel protection plans include coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical, and Emergency Evacuation/ Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more.
For more information on the available plans or to enroll, click here or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 09-0856.
The product descriptions provided here are only brief summaries. The full coverage terms and details, including limitations and exclusions, are contained in the insurance policy. Travelex CA Agency License #0D10209. All products listed are underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, NAIC #22276. E7N
Casa Vieja Lodge On the Road
Join us this winter as Casa Vieja Lodge will take to the road at various trade shows across the states and the pond. For the first time ever, both owners, David, and Kristen Salazar will be at the shows spreading the CVL cheer and taking bookings for 2020 and beyond!
Jan 9-12: Safari Club International– Reno Sparks Convention Center; Reno, NV
Jan 17-20: Dallas Safari Club– Kay Bailey Hutchinson Convention Center; Dallas, TX
Jan 25-27: Houston Safari Club– George Brown Convention Center; Houston, TX
Feb 2-10: Great American Outdoor Show, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex; Harrisburg, PA
Feb 14-18: Miami International Boat Show, Miami Marine Stadium; Key Biscayne, FL
March 22-23: London Fly Fishing Fair, The Business Design Centre; London, England
We are looking forward to ringing in the New Year with warm weather, calm seas, cold cocktails, and great fishing! We would like to thank 2018 for the double-digit sailfish & marlin raises, releases, tuna, and mahi-mahi. We want to give a huge shout-out to all our amazing anglers who make it look easy! We are excited to see what 2019 brings us. If history repeats itself, it will be another epic season!
Next newsletter will have the 2018 year-end total fishing report!
See below for a few December highlights:
- December 1st-3rd, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 72 raises, 66 bites, and 34 sailfish releases and mahi-mahi!
- December 1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, fly fishing, had 48 raises, 14 bites, and 4 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises 1 marlin bite, and 1 marlin release.
- December 3rd, 6th 7th, & 27th, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar/Capt. Terry Brennan, had 63 raises, 57 bites, and 43 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, 3 tuna, and 4 mahi-mahi.
- December 12th-16th & 28th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 46 raises, 40 bites, and 30 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 5 marlin releases, 17 tuna, and 23 mahi-mahi.
- December 12th-19th, 27th & 28th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 92 raises, 62 bites, and 35 sailfish releases plus 11 marlin raises, 8 marlin bites, 6 marlin releases, 14 tuna, and 7 mahi-mahi.
- December 14th-16th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 42 raises, 39 bites, and 26 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises 1 marlin bite, and 5 mahi-mahi!
- December 14th-16th & 28th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 25 raises, 20 bites, and 11 sailfish releases plus 8 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 8 tuna, and 8 mahi-mahi.
- December 14th-20th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 30 raises, 29 bites, and 21 sailfish releases plus 8 marlin raises, 7 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, 19 tuna, and 19 mahi-mahi.
- December 14th-20th, 27th & 28th the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 62 raises, 52 bites, and 33 sailfish releases plus 13 marlin raises, 8 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases, 21 tuna, and 18 mahi-mahi.
- December 18th-20th,27th & 28th , the Intensity (37′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 34 raises, 17 bites, and 8 sailfish releases plus 7 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 5 tuna, and mahi-mahi.
You can find our DAILY fishing reports on our website HERE. Enjoy!
- January 6-7-8: Spindrift (38′ Stolper)
- January 10-11-12: Makaira (37′ Rybovich)
- January 28-February 1: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)