Santa’s been so busy this holiday season that he was looking for a quick, warm getaway, and Ernesto, the CVL Elf on the Shelf, told him about Casa Vieja Lodge Guatemala!
Mr. and Mrs. Claus took a few days to relax, fish, and warm-up in anticipation of Christmas Eve. They were impressed with the 5-Star Angling Experience and proud of the progress of Kick Plastic campaign that eliminated 80,000 single-use plastic water bottles at Casa Vieja Lodge.
Mrs. Claus trimmed the Christmas tree, baked magical holiday cookies and even shared a few of her secret recipes with the kitchen staff. Santa took his time reviewing the Naughty List while relaxing at the pool. Both visited La Tiendita to fulfill some Christmas wishes and picked up some Costa Sunglasses, YETI Ramblers, AFTCO Samurai shirts, and Simms Sungaiters for those on the Nice List.
Both departed in order to meet Christmas Eve deadlines, but promised to be back for New Year’s Eve celebrations! There is only 1 boat available if your family would like to join the party!
Profile: Capt. Terry Brennan
Please join us in welcoming Capt. Terry Brennan to the Casa Vieja Lodge Family. Capt Terry will be at the helm of the Poco Loco while Capt. David Salazar is on the road evangelizing CVL, and will also replace other captains when a rest is overdue.
Capt Terry is originally from New Jersey and Manteo, NC has been “home” for him for 20 years. He brings with him years of private charter boat experience from the waters of OBX, South Florida, Kona, Bermuda, Dominican Republic, and the list goes on. In Guatemala, he is excited with the new dynamic of Lodge life, the rockstar fishing, and calm waters.
So far in Guatemala, his best experience has been watching the ten-year-old Gaddy twin boys wrangle in a couple of blue marlin aboard the Rum Line, “Technique and tenacity rule the day!” said Capt. Terry.
$40,000 Raised for CCA Florida
Casa Vieja Lodge and CCA Florida (Costal Conservation Association) teamed up to create the first ever Grander Raffle Package that was available for $1,000 purchase during the fall CCA Banquets across the State of Florida. Those who purchased this package, which was a 100% donation to CCA, were eligible for a raffle for a trip to Casa Vieja Lodge.
On December 10th, at the 10th Annual Black Diamond Golf challenge was the final chance to purchase Grander Tickets. As a direct result of the Grander Raffle package, $40,000 was raised for CCA Florida to help protect Florida’s marine resources, ensure clean water, and restore habitat. Thank you to all who participated for a chance to win, and who support CCA Florida. Congratulations to the winner Merlin Schent from Nokomis, FL!
Where in the world can you find warm weather and cold cocktails in December? The answer is Guatemala! If that isn’t enough for you, then you need to check out our daily fishing reports. We have been catching double-digit sailfish, marlin, tuna, and mahi-mahi. It’s not too late to get in on the December action. Call today and treat yourself to a holiday fishing trip!
See below for a few December highlights:
- November 30th-December 3rd, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 81 raises, 79 bites, and 54 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, and 10 mahi-mahi.
- December 1st, 2nd, 8th & 9th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, fly fishing, had 48 raises, 14 bites, and 4 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, and 1 marlin release.
- December 1st-3rd, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 72 raises, 66 bites, and 34 sailfish releases and mahi-mahi!
- December 1st-8th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 86 raises, 71 bites, and 49 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, 5 tuna, and 12 mahi-mahi.
- December 1st-9th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 79 raises, 66 bites, and 54 sailfish releases plus 14 tuna and 10 mahi-mahi!
- December 1st-11th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 106 raises, 75 bites, and 52 sailfish releases plus 8 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases (1 striped marlin), 23 tuna, and 10 mahi-mahi.
- December 1st-12th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 139 raises, 120 bites, and 80 sailfish releases plus 11 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases, 38 tuna, and 17 mahi-mahi!
- December 1st-12th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 123 raises, 97 bites, and 63 sailfish releases plus 7 marlin raises, 7 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 7 tuna, and 9 mahi-mahi.
- December 3rd, 6th & 7th, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar/Capt. Terry Brennan, had 57 raises, 51 bites, and 39 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, 3 tuna, and 3 mahi-mahi.
- December 6th, 7th & 10th, the Intensity (37′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 45 raises, 34 bites, and 24 sailfish releases plus 5 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, and 18 tuna!
You can find our DAILY fishing reports on our website HERE. Enjoy!
- December 18-19-20: Release (37′ Merritt) & El Cadejo (35′ Contender)
- December 31-January 1-2: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- January 9-10-11: Spindirft (38′ Stolper)
- January 28-February 1: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- February 24-25-26: El Cadejo (35′ Contender)
- March 2-3-4-5: Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) & Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)