Wedding Day Fishing
Casa Vieja Lodge had the honor to host the beautiful wedding weekend of Curtis Dixon Colgate and Susan Porter. The couple has been coming to Casa Vieja Lodge for years and even got engaged under the rancho 15 months ago. Therefore, it was only fitting to share their special day with family and friends at their favorite getaway spot, Casa Vieja Lodge.
Their 3-day celebration included a pig roast, rehearsal dinner, fireworks, food truck, mimosa/bloody mary brunch, customized YETI’s designed by Carey Chen, and the groom even went fishing on his wedding day, while the bride and her squad had a beauty brunch!
The Lodge was decked out in the most beautiful, local floral that Guatemala has to offer. Ginger, birds of paradise, proteas, orchids, roses, and tiger lilies were draped, arranged, and carried throughout. Wedding guests toured Antigua, fished their hearts outs, relaxed at the pool, and managed to have in-room spa services in the late afternoons. Rest, fun, family, and relaxation was at the core of this wedding and smiles, laughs and a lot of love was definitely in the air.
Congratulations and cheers to the newlyweds! Thank you for allowing us to be part of your special day.
Summertime & the Fishing’s Easy
Summer is around the corner, what are your plans? Remember if you are lucky you only get 18 summers to share with your kids before you get the boot, so make sure they are memorable! We ‘ll help you be the hero, just give us a call!
Next year, think about Easter Week in Guatemala. Antigua is home to the largest Easter celebration outside of Seville, Spain and you can read more about it HERE in Forbes Magazine. Enjoy Antigua, and then pair it with some spectacular fishing, and an Easter Egg hunt at the Lodge.
We have two boats left for the 2019 Father’s Day Fishing Frenzy tournament June 13-17. CLICK HERE to learn more about the fun of the Triple F!
Space is still available for our Spring Edition of Single Angler’s Weekend May 30- June 1. Expect to get a variety of species like more chances at a blue marlin, dorado, and tuna in addition to the always present sailfish. This event is hosted twice a year and it allows you to pay $2,930 for 3 days of fishing, 4 nights (private room), and you are teamed up with other solo anglers that will become lifelong fishing buddies! For more information CLICK HERE.
Last Road stop
Kristen and David hopped over the pond and exhibited again at the annual 2019 London Fly Fishing Fair held March 22-23 at the Business Design Centre. This show brings together the best of what the fly fishing world has to offer in the heart of London. Of course, we had to tell everyone about the amazing fly fishing opportunities for billfish with Casa Vieja Lodge.
Next up and the last stop on the road is the 2019 NRA Meetings & Exhibits April 26-28, in Indianapolis, Indiana. Come visit Kristen, David, and Kirsten Thomas at Booth 5072. Bid on a trip to Casa Vieja Lodge at the Women’s Leadership Forum Luncheon on Friday, April 27. This is always a very competitive auction item amongst a powerful group of women!
We love our fishing year-round but there is something extra special about the fishing from April to July. The Spring and early summer months bring us an abundance of excitement like sailfish, blue marlin, mahi-mahi, and tuna. The weather during these months is also ideal. We typically have flat calm seas and warm temperatures!
Check out the impressive numbers below, you can see that there has been no shortage of fresh mahi-mahi sandwiches aboard our boats for lunch!:
- April 1st-6th, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar/Capt. Terry Brennan, had 53 raises, 46 bites, and 27 sailfish releases plus 4 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 4 tuna, and 1 mahi-mahi.
- April 1st-10th,the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 230 raises, 185 bites, and 126 sailfish releases plus 10 mahi-mahi and 2 tuna!
- April 1st-10th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 167 raises, 134 bites, and 88 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, 9 tuna, and 14 mahi-mahi.
- April 2nd-10th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 195 raises, 178 bites, and 120 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 23 mahi-mahi.
- April 3rd-10th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 167 raises, 125 bites, and 74 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, and 7 mahi-mahi.
- April 5th-7th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, had 60 raises, 44 bites, and 36 sailfish releases plus 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, 12 tuna, and 1 mahi-mahi.
- April 5th-8th, the Intensity (37′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 115 raises, 98 bites, and 58 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, and 6 mahi-mahi.
- April 5th-9th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 101 raises, 88 bites, and 61 sailfish releases plus 12 mahi-mahi and 12 tuna!
- April 5th-10th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 156 raises, 150 bites, and 104 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, and 3 mahi-mahi.
- April 6th & 7th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 18 raises, 12 bites, and 6 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, and 2 marlin bites!
The numbers above are a combination of conventional and fly fishing. You can find our DAILY fishing reports on our website HERE. Enjoy!
Last Minute Openings, call NOW to reserve:
(305) 854-4665 / Kirsten@CasaViejaLodge.com
- April 15-19: Makaira (37′ Rybovich)
- April 23-27: Release (37′ Merritt)
- May 3-5: Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)
CATCH US ON THE ROAD
April 26-28: NRA Annual Convention– Booth 5270