Make way for April Blues
The man in the blue suit has made his debut earlier this season and our anglers surely aren’t complaining about his entrance. The blue marlin tends to start showing up in late April and get heavier in numbers as the summer progresses however, they have been in a part of the daily mix in March.
If you are interested in reeling in a few more marlins during your trip down then plan your trip from May through mid-August to get the best shots at blues, with flat-calm seas, more tuna and Mahi, and definitely no snowbirds! If you’d like to get in on the early blue action, we have some availability in late April and the first week of May.
Get Mom in on the action and celebrate Mother’s Day on May 12th with Casa Vieja! All Mama’s will get a free massage, and hopefully a marlin or two to help celebrate all that you do! Give us a call or send us an email here with your ideal dates and will get right back to you.
Re-Book for 2020
Attention: All of our dearest, favorite, amazing anglers
This is another friendly reminder that you NEED to secure your 2020 dates. Many of you have done so prior to departing the Lodge and we thank you for that. We do not re-book your dates automatically. You need to confirm with the Lodge and/or the Miami Office as dates are on a first-come-first-serve basis. A little sailfish told us a price increase is on the horizon so lock in both your dates and rates ASAP.
Due to our limited size, cancellations affect us greatly. We have updated our Terms & Conditions, please take a moment to review. Please help us, help you! We recommend that you purchase a travel protection plan to help protect you and your travel investment against the unexpected. Travel protection plans can include coverage for Trip Cancellation, Trip Interruption, Emergency Medical, and Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation, Trip Delay, Baggage Delay and more.
For more information on the recommended plans or to enroll, click here or contact Travelex Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 09-0856.
Events at Casa Vieja Lodge
Corporate retreats, family reunions, buddy getaways, milestone birthdays, memorable holidays, CLE/CME/CDE hours, tournaments, you name it, we’ve hosted it! At Casa Vieja Lodge we can host up to 37 guests on-site and can easily accommodate many more in your group at comparable locations as well as additional game boats with advance planning.
This season we had the honor to host both small and large groups, some that had mini tournaments, others that were tournament focused, and others that just wanted bragging rights over their buddies!
The Ocean City Light Tackle Club just wrapped up their 72nd annual Derby at Casa Vieja Lodge billfishing on 20lb test line per IGFA rules, instead of the normal 30lb line. The objectives of the OCLTC have been proudly and consistently defined as “the promotion of the use of light tackle in off-shore angling and the promotion of sportsmanship, good fellowship, and the conservation of marine life.” Which was clearly and truly exemplified by this fine group of gentleman.
March has been quite favorable for us as the states are still being blanketed in snow, while we are maintaining ice cold beverages, consistent fishing, and smiling faces all around. Lucky, green mahi-mahi are in abundance and turn into fresh caught, grilled, mouth-watering sandwiches on-board when you get a chance for lunch between fighting sailfish!
A special hola to Brent Easler who came down with his teenage son and all he wanted was 1 mahi, 1 rooster, and a 1 sailfish, and well that was all checked off his list, sailfish in double digits!
At any point if you are looking for last minute dates, don’t wait for this newsletter, you can chat online, call our office, or send us a quick email. We understand that sometimes you wake up and just need to go fishing, we will assist you!
Check out the impressive numbers below:
- March 1st-13th,the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 219 raises, 189 bites, and 119 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, and 1 striped marlin release.
- March 1st-13th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 262 raises, 226 bites, and 150 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, 5 tuna, and mahi-mahi!
- March 1st-13th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Chris Sheeder, had 214 raises, 158 bites, and 91 sailfish releases plus 4 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, and 3 mahi-mahi.
- March 1st-13th, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar/Capt. Terry Brennan, had 114 raises, 96 bites, and 69 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 striped marlin release, 5 tuna, and 3 mahi-mahi.
- March 1st-13th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 104 raises, 74 bites, and 35 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 3 mahi-mahi, 18 tuna, and 2 rooster fish!
- March 1st-13th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 170 raises, 121 bites, and 84 sailfish releases plus 1 tuna, and 3 mahi-mahi.
- March 2nd-13th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 159 raises, 148 bites, and 87 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases (1 Striped Marlin), and 4 mahi-mahi.
- March 3-4th & 12-13th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, had 74 raises, 66 bites, and 43 sailfish releases plus 1 tuna.
- March 3rd-13th, the Spindrift (38’ Stolper) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 119 raises, 88 bites, and 63 sailfish releases plus 4 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 8 tuna, and 2 mahi-mahi.
- March 3rd-13th, the Intensity (37′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Mike Sheeder, had 158 raises, 106 bites, and 63 sailfish releases plus 4 marin raises, 4 marlin bites, and 1 marlin release.
The numbers above are a combination of conventional and fly fishing.You can find our DAILY fishing reports on our website HERE. Enjoy!
Last Minute Openings, call NOW to reserve:
(305) 854-4665 / Kirsten@CasaViejaLodge.com
- March 20-21-22: Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson)
- March 26-27-28: Spindrift (38′ Stolper)
- April 1-2-3: Makaira (37′ Rybovich)
- April 12-13-14: Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman)