We’re Back Fishing
Capt. David flew American Airlines to Guatemala and said,
Easy steps to get to Guatemala
- Be ready, willing/wanting to travel internationally.
- Book your dates with us and your air travel.
- We’ll mail you a test kit, which needs to be taken within 72 hours of arrival in Guatemala.
- Once you have your results, complete the Health Pass online and print/screenshot.
- Day of Travel: Bring 1) copy of your Negative COVID-19 PCR test results, and 2) printout/screenshot of your completed Health Pass
- We’ll pick you up as usual.
Meet Capt. Eddie
Captain Eddie Bairez, of Guatemala, joins the Casa Vieja Lodge team at the helm of the Release, a 37’ Merritt. Capt. Eddie began his career as a mate aboard the Magic in 1997 part of the old Fins ‘N Feathers Lodge. From 1998- 2017, he was with the Captain Hook and was under the guidance of the late Capt. Ron Hamlin until 2006.
In 2017, he was the first Guatemalan to fish Rompin Malaysia in the South China Sea and explored the Andaman Sea in the Indian Ocean, and Burma Banks, Myanmar, and was successful at finding some great bill fishing spots. Capt. Eddie returned back to Guatemala at the start of COVID and like all of our captains have been anxious to get back out on the water! Clearly, you can tell Capt. Eddie loves to fish, and he speaks great English, and wants to help you learn to become a better angler!
After a long S E V E N months, we are happy to report we are back out on the water, and clearly, the billfish are even happier to see us. We’ve already had a handful of groups get their billfishing fix, and had some first responders (photo above) take a much-needed fishing vacation.
Check out a few fishing highlights below. Remember, you can always stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE:
- October 2 & 3, the Spindrift (38′ Stolper) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 88 raises, 83 bites, and 58 sailfish releases!
- October 10 & 11, the Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 144 raises, 140 bites, 99 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin release!
- October 11-13, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 106 raises, 92 bites, 70 sailfish releases plus 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, and 2 marlin releases!
When you’re ready, give us a call.