The past year has not been fun, to say the least, and we hope that all is well with each of you and your loved ones.
On September 18th, the Guatemalan Government reopened their borders to international travel, ending a 6-month lockdown and we waited a couple weeks to see if any governmental restrictions would change. Thankfully, everything remained the same and we re-opened with RED HOT FISHING! (Check our daily fishing report here).
Easy steps to get to Guatemala
- Be ready, willing/wanting to travel internationally.
- Book your dates with us and your air travel.
- We’ll mail you a test kit, which needs to be taken within 72 hours of arrival in Guatemala.
- Once you have your results, complete the Health Pass online and print/screenshot.
- Day of Travel: Bring 1) copy of your Negative COVID-19 PCR test results, and 2) printout/screenshot of your completed Health Pass
- We’ll pick you up as usual.
As of January 26, 2021 the CDC requests ALL air passengers to present a Negative COVID-19 test result upon entering the USA, 72 hours prior to arrival. We will have this test available for you at the Lodge for your safe departure home.
- Take COVID-19 test at Casa Vieja Lodge or supply documentation that you have recovered from COVID-19. See HERE for more info.
- Your Negative test results- will allow you re-entry into the USA.
- A Positive test result: two scenarios
Scenario 1) Re-test for false positive
Scenario 2) You will be quarantined in your room for two weeks (we’ll provide room & board), or until you test negative. Unfortunately, you will not be able to go fishing! We will take care of you and provide you with what you need to help you return home quickly.
- March 3
- March 10
- Easter Week (Semana Santa)