Welcome Home Capt Rick Murphy
Famed TV Host, Captain Rick Murphy, of Sportsmans Adventures, Florida Insider Fishing Report, and Texas Insider Fishing Report, just wrapped up his normal fall fishing adventure with a 4 night/3 day group of 20 anglers that had their fair share of bill fishing fun! CLICK HERE to follow Capt Rick’s Travel back to Casa Vieja Lodge and see how easy and safe it is.
Anglers received their COVID PCR Test kit at their house prior to their travel to Casa Vieja Lodge (contact the Miami Office for more details). Traveling was thankfully a breeze, and they arrived like excited school children as if they haven’t left the house in months!
Fall fishing proved to be epic as they released 223 Sailfish from 346 bites, and 4 blue marlins from 7 bites, and a few Mahi and tuna too, with 3 days fishing on 6 boats. Not bad for your first time back on the water… in months! A traditional pig roast was requested for the last supper and was a great way to end a spectacular trip. See you all back again, some very soon!
The Show Must Go On
We’ll be at our first trade show in 8 months, and would love to see everyone’s awesome masks as we know there will be smiling faces under those! Please join us at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, which starts today Wednesday, October 28- Sunday, November 1st. You can find us in the same spot, Bahia Mar Booth 1062, near the engine tent.
Captain David and Kristen Salazar will be there answering any questions you may have and help make your fishing dreams come true! We’d also like to again thank every one of our clients that postponed their trips due to the lockdown this year. Faithful anglers like you supporting our small, family business helped us see the bright side of this otherwise gloomy situation. THANK YOU for your support, concern, and care for our staff, it didn’t go unnoticed!
Normalcy is what we all are craving and there’s no better way to experience that than out on the water, out of cell phone range, in the big blue Pacific Ocean, reeling in billfish after billfish. It’s amazing how fast you forget about your everyday troubles as soon as you get a bite.
Check out a few fishing highlights below. Remember, you can always stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE:
- Fishing October 2, 3 & 16-25, the Spindrift (38′ Stolper) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 194 raises, 169 bites, and 107 sailfish releases plus 8 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, 2 mahi-mahi, 12 snappers, 1 grouper, AND 1 amberjack.
- Fishing October 10, 11 & 23-25, the Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 212 raises, 205 bites, 140 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises (1 striped marlin), 2 marlin bites, and 1 marlin release!
- Fishing October 11-13 & 19-25, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Nico Melendrez & Capt. Terry Brennan had 204 raises, 168 bites, 113 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, AND 1 tuna!
- Fishing October 20 & 23-25, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Eddie Bairez, had 79 raises, 71 bites, 53 sailfish releases, plus mahi-mahi!
- Fishing October 23 & 24, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles), with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 49 raises, 47 bites, 32 sailfish releases, and 1 marlin raise!
- Fishing October 23-25, the Makaira (37′ Rybovich) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 83 raises, 75 bites, 54 sailfish releases, plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and mahi-mahi!
- Fishing October 23-25, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender), with Capt. Benji Baires, had 54 raises, 50 bites, and 37 sailfish releases!
When you’re ready, give us a call.