Mixed-Plate of Species
Many of our clients come to us for the extraordinary amount of sailfish they can release on a daily basis. But did you know we catch blue, stripe, and a few black marlin, as well as mahi-mahi, yellowfin tuna, and you can get lucky with bottom fishing for rooster, snapper, and grouper too? A mixed-plate is what we like to call it.
The Payne group did just that. They started with a half-day of afternoon bottom fishing, instead of sitting at their hotel in Guatemala City, and were successful with 3/6 roosterfish on the Spindrift. The next two days aboard the Finest Kind they released 18/ 26 sailfish on fly and bait. On their final day, they went 40 miles out on a tuna hunt and a fruitful one it was, bringing home 4 tunas, the largest one at 200lbs, which all 4 anglers ended up fighting. They came back in a little earlier and secured in-room massages, and for dinner ate their well-deserved 16 oz tuna steak, cooked perfectly by our new Chef Sebastian!
Want to target a species, catch a billfish on the fly, leave later or come back earlier, just ask! It’s your private charter and we are here to fulfill YOUR fishing dreams!
The Sweet Spot
Winter is sweeping across the states, and the warm weather, sunny skies, bountiful seas, and cold tropical drinks are calling your name. When you are ready to travel, we are ready to help you Experience 5-Star Angling at Casa Vieja Lodge.
Celebrate New Years Eve
Only 1 boat is available in Tropical Guatemala. Fish all day, and of course be waited on all night. Enjoy a private fireworks show and kick back with friends to do it all over the next day!
Our snowbird season of January-March is normally untouchable a year in advance. Funny you ask, we do have availability! Reach out to us and we’ll help confirm your specific dates.
Traveling to Guatemala
- Be ready, willing/wanting to travel internationally.
- Book your dates with us and your air travel.
- We’ll mail you a test kit, which needs to be taken within 72 hours of arrival in Guatemala. (free of charge for clients arriving by December 31, 2020)
- Once you have your results, complete the Health Pass online and print/screenshot.
- Day of Travel: Bring 1) copy of your Negative COVID-19 test results, and 2) printout/screenshot of your completed Health Pass
- We’ll pick you up as usual.
We practice social distancing in the van ride, but if you’d like to upgrade to a private transfer just let our Miami Office know.
Check out a few fishing highlights below. Remember, you can always stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE:
- November 5th-10th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Eddie Bairez, had 110 raises, 103 bites, 79 sailfish releases, plus 5 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, and 1 mahi-mahi!
- November 5th-10th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender), with Capt. Benji Baires, had 95 raises, 78 bites, and 53 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 2 Mahi-Mahi!
- December 2nd-8th, the Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga had 70 raises, 43 bites, 31 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, and 4 tuna (one 200lb Tuna)!
- December 5th-9th, the Spindrift (38′ Stolper) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 81 raises, 60 bites, and 39 sailfish releases plus mahi-mahi and 3 roosterfish!
- December 6th-9th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Terry Brennan had 100 raises, 89 bites, 60 sailfish releases plus 14 tuna and 3 mahi-mahi!
- December 7th-9th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 50 raises, 40 bites, 29 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin release, 10 tuna, and 2 mahi-mahi.
- On December 8th, the Makaira (37′ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice had 31 raises, 27 bites, and 16 sailfish releases.
When you’re ready, give us a call.