Prepare with Spring Training
If you haven’t already picked up the December Issue of Marlin Magazine, then hold on to your horses kids. Casa Vieja Lodge is featured in a 8-page spread entitled, “Spring Training in Guatemala”. This is what we’ve been preaching to the tournament folks for the past five years. Put your work in at Casa Vieja Lodge and prepare yourself for tournament season. There’s no place else that will get you the amount of chances to practice hooking your own fish than us. With 12-15 daily billfish raises, you will have ample practice and get whipped into shape quick!
Every June, Marlin Magazine hosts their Marlin University at Casa Vieja Lodge. At Marlin University, they teach you the best and most-exciting techniques to catch billfish. Whether you’re a weekend warrior or tournament angler, their professional instructors share their knowledge, experience and passion with you.
Read the article HERE or pick up your copy at a local store.
Enjoy Black Friday Fishing
We have revamped our online store just in time for the feeding frenzy of black Friday. It’s now easier than ever to checkout from your choice of devices. We have custom branded AFTCO, YETI, FlexFit hats and more, all on sale starting today!
Use insider code BLACKFRIDAY for 15% Off Entire Site and a few surprises in your delivery.
Gift Certificates of any denomination are available and perfect for that special someone to use towards their next trip down to Casa Vieja Lodge. You know they love it here, you know they are coming back, so just get them what they really want and will use!
If you are interested in fishing rather than shopping this Black Friday, we are offering Last Minute specials aboard the Afinity (39′ Bill Knowles) or the El Cadejo (35′-ST Contender). Click Here to inquire or call 305-854-4665.
Just like that the holidays are upon us. While the frigid air moves across the states the fishing has been heating up. Blue Marlin are still biting, Striped Marlin appear every other day, so your potential Grand Slam is still within reach (Grand Slam is a combo of three species of billfish). Big, fat, yellow fin tuna have been caught, if the angler is willing to put up the fight!
Stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE. Below are a few highlights:
- November 1st-17th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 295 raises, 262 bites, and 189 sailfish releases plus 8 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 3 striped marlin releases, and 16 mahi-mahi.
- November 1st-25th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Terry Brennan, had 400 raises, 371 bites, and 250 sailfish releases plus 14 marlin raises, 9 marlin bites, 5 marlin releases (1 striped marlin), and 13 mahi-mahi.
- November 1st-25th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, fishing 10 days, had 127 raises, 99 bites, and 63 sailfish releases plus 9 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases (1 striped marlin), 8 mahi-mahi, 2 tuna, and 1 rooster fish!
- November 1st-26th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 476 raises, 402 bites, and 294 sailfish releases plus 13 marlin raises, 11 marlin bites, 7 marlin releases (2 striped marlin), 8 tuna, and 28 mahi-mahi!
- November 6th-17th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 259 raises, 184 bites, and 136 sailfish releases plus 5 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 7 mahi-mahi.
- November 7th-24th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, had 174 raises, 155 bites, and 111 sailfish releases plus 11 marlin raises, 7 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases, 6 mahi-mahi, and 8 grouper!
- November 7th-26th, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 280 raises, 257 bites, and 165 sailfish releases plus 8 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 5 marlin releases (2 striped marlin), 1 tuna, and 11 mahi-mahi.
- November 17th-20th, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar, fishing conventional & fly, had 33 raises, 21 bites, and 14 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise & 1 marlin bite.
Below are available dates, if any of them speak to you, click them, to send a direct email inquiry:
- December 15-21: El Cadejo (35′ Contender)
- December 17-22: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- December 30- January 3: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- January 3-6: Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) & Makaira (37′ Rybovich)
- January 28-31: Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman)
- February 17-19: Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)
- February 25-March 1: El Cadejo (35′ Contender)
Happy Thanksgiving Anglers!
We are thankful for all of you!!