Spindrift is Back in Action
If you have an upcoming trip on the Spindrift, then rest assured you are in for the treat of a lifetime. This 38′ Stolper Express went from being the slowest boat in the fleet to now the fastest, hitting test speeds of 31kts, crusing at a true 25kts! She debuts for her first trip tomorrow after a complete refit. This becomes the fifth total refit after the Makaira (37′ Rybovich), Release (37′ Merritt), Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles), and Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman), led by Capt/CVL Owner David Salazar.
No screw was left unturned. The Cummins 5.9L Engines were rebuilt to perfection, new electronics were installed like the Simrad EVO3, AC for the cabin, and generator to make life easier. She is looking gorgeous with her paint job, shiny new Alutecnos reels, and a perfectly polished Blue Water Fighting Chair. Now all sport fishers have fighting chairs, less the Poco Loco which will have one next season.
“She’s always been a great fish raiser. Now she’s a bit more comfortable, functional, beautiful, and can keep up with rest!” said Capt. David Salazar.
This express boat is great for fishing as it’s allows for 360 views of your surroundings always seeing where the action is and her raised bridge deck gives anglers an excellent and unobstructed view of the baits. Back at the helm and ready to rock is Capt. Efrain. You can be one of the first to put her to the test with limited availability in January, a few days in March (scroll to bottom) and it’s then sold-out through April. Send us an email here for more info.
Guatemala Inshore Fishing
If you’ve ever fished inshore with us then chances are good you know Capt. Franz Hoffman. At the helm of the Pez Raton, 35′ ST Contender, Capt Franz knows where to find the rewarding Rooster Fish. Although they are not in abundance like they are in the countries south of us, he succeeds at his daily challenge of releasing them amongst other bottom fish.
Capt Franz is not a Captain by choice, but by passion. He’s an avid angler, part of Club Nautico de Guatemala, and he owns/operates a handful of businesses. He lives in Guatemala City, and looks forward to his days on the Pacific.
Dubbed the Inshore Fishing Specialist by Capt. David Salazar, Franz is just that, and he has yet to disappoint. With his relaxed but competitive attitude, he doesn’t just want to take you on a boat ride, he wants you to catch the fish YOU want to catch.
“I love fishing in Guatemala, and I love proving to our clients that Guatemala has it all. The Contender allows us to do it all too. . . Rooster’s in the morning, marlin, sailfish, dorado, run to the tunas, and then end the day killing some snappers. A perfect day. ” said Capt. Franz.
Once he sees his trips are confirmed, he’s like a boy at tackle shop, giddy with excitement and can’t wait to get out on the water with you! If you are interested in giving the inshore a try, then ask for Capt. Franz and we can assure you he won’t disappoint!
Get Dad what he Really wants
It was like yesterday we were complaining about the hot summer weather, and now winter is upon us. Therefore, we need to warn you about the 2020 Father’s Day Fishing Frenzy to make sure you not only join us, but get the boat dad wants!
An annual favorite, this tournament allows you to fish amongst other friends and family in a non-intimidating environment while competing for a trophy. Additional points are given to double and triple hookups that include dad and grandpa too!
If you are looking for something different or want to give your children a taste of tournament fishing, then we highly recommend you join us for the 2020 Father’s Day Fishing Frenzy on June 19-21st. It’s the perfect amount of camaraderie, competition, and an elevated Casa Vieja Lodge Experience!
The holidays are in the air and the billfish are merrier than ever! As we told you in October, the last time the season began this strong it held though and if you look at our daily fishing reports, that’s no lie! If you are still looking for a holiday gift then you can shop our online store, or click here to inquire about a Gift Certificate because we know a trip to CVL is truly what everyone wants!
Stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE. Below are a few highlights:
- November 1st-25th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, fishing 10 days, had 127 raises, 99 bites, and 63 sailfish releases plus 9 marlin raises, 6 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases (1 striped marlin), 8 mahi-mahi, 2 tuna, and 1 rooster fish!
- November 20th-December 3rd, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 135 raises, 127 bites, and 89 sailfish releases plus 9 marlin raises, 7 marlin bites, 6 marlin releases (2 striped marlin), 1 tuna, and 2 mahi-mahi.
- November 28th– December 11th, the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 178 raises, 168 bites, and 117 sailfish releases plus 11 marlin raises, 10 marlin bites, 5 marlin releases, and 4 mahi-mahi.
- November 28th– December 11th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Terry Brennan, had 124 raises, 91 bites, and 52 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, 2 tuna, and mahi-mahi.
- November 28th– December 11th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 215 raises, 173 bites, and 118 sailfish releases plus 11 marlin raises, 8 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases, 4 tuna, and 5 mahi-mahi!
- December 4th-11th, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar, had 97 raises, 72 bites, and 42 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, and 5 mahi-mahi!
- December 6th-11th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, had 137 raises, 115 bites, and 79 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, 1 tuna, and 3 mahi-mahi!
- On December 11th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 22 raises, 20 bites, and 15 sailfish releases!
Below are available dates, if any of them speak to you, click them, to send a direct email inquiry (they wont last long!):
- December 17-22: Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)
- January 3-7: Makaira (37′ Rybovich)
- January 8-16: Spindrift (38′ Stolper)
- February 25-March 2: El Cadejo (35′ Contender)
- March 7-9: Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)
- March 8-11: Pez Raton (35′ Contender)
- March 21-24: Spindrift (38′ Stolper) *JUST opened