2021 Fishing Trip
A friendly reminder to please secure your 2021 fishing dates. As you know our snow birds love January-April and we book a year in advance for those months. Therefore, if you have specific dates, captains, or boats that you prefer, please secure them now before someone else does!
Our availability is on a first come, first serve basis. Even if you have an upcoming trip booked for 2020, we recommend reserving your 2021 dates before the sharks come and reel in your dates.
Don’t know what month works best for you? You can check out our daily fishing reports from the last 5 years on our website, just scroll to the bottom and select the year archive HERE.
Interested in certain seasons and species? Check them out HERE.
Still have questions? Cast us an email HERE and we can help narrow down the best time of the year for your group to come down!
If 2021 seems like light years away, I have good news for you! We still have open windows this April-July. The fishing during this time boasts a larger variety of fish including sailfish, tuna, mahi-mahi, and a lot more chances of blue marlin.
Need a good excuse to book a trip? We got you!
- Spring Training: Are you prepared for your upcoming tournament season? We are averaging 12-15 sailfish raises per day/per boat during the Spring. Come down to redefine your skills. You may only get one shot at the big one, make sure you’re prepared.
- Easter Week/Semana Santa: Tour Antigua during this time to witness the second largest celebration to Seville, Spain. Daily processions, and gorgeous floral carpets adorn the streets.
- Mother’s Day: May 10th, All Mama’s booked during Mother’s Day weekend get a free massage! Come down and show the boys who’s boss!
- Memorial Day Weekend: Fishing and the first summer holiday go hand in hand. Make it one to remember with the best fishing around!
- Solo Angler’s Week: Spring Edition: May 27-31st, Solo angler’s week gives you the opportunity to come to the lodge to check it out before you bring your big group or family & make life-long fishing buddies! You can come down at a fraction of the cost, but same great fishing. *Only 3 spots left in Spring. Fall Edition: Oct 28- Nov 1st
- Father’s Day Fishing Frenzy Tournament: June 18-22nd, There is no better time on the water, than with your family, competing against other families, for the FFF title! Bring the kids, cousins, friends, and grandparents for a family packed weekend at the lodge! *4 boats still available.
- Summer fishing: Have a family fishing vacation, give a graduation gift, or fish with us after your missionary work in Guatemala.
- Thanksgiving weekend: American spread without the cooking or clean-up!
- 2020 Jake Jordan Invitational Sailfish Fly Challenge: Join Capt. Jake Jordan and other fly anglers as they compete in the longest standing fly tournament December 2-5th.
- New Year Eve: warm, tropical, fireworks, live band, and fishing all day…
The snowbirds have arrived and are in full defrost mode. Warm weather, cold drinks, and fiesty sailfish is just what the doctor ordered! January started out a little slower than usual for fly fishing only releasing a handful, but conventional fishers have been in double digits. Releasing 3 sailfish on FLY in one day, is still a great day for a large majority of anglers. For those that thinks that’s slow, we’ve surely spoiled them for life!
Check out a few highlights below. Remember, you can always stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE:
- January 8th-22nd, the Makaira (37’ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice, had 128 raises, 113 bites, and 72 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 11 mahi-mahi.
- January 9th-22nd, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Terry Brennan, had 112 raises, 104 bites, and 75 sailfish releases plus 5 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, and 10 mahi-mahi.
- January 9th-22nd,the Finest Kind (40’ Whiticar) with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga, had 166 raises, 153 bites, and 101 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 4 mahi-mahi.
- January 11th-14th, the Poco Loco (44′ Kincheloe Nickerson) with Capt. David Salazar, fly fishing, had 24 raises, 16 bites, and 10 sailfish releases.
- January 11th-22nd, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Chico Alvarenga, had 163 raises, 134 bites, and 98 sailfish releases plus 6 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites (1 striped marlin(, 1 marlin release, and 9 mahi-mahi!
- January 14th-18th, the El Cadejo (35′ Contender) with Capt. Benji Bairez, had 41 raises, 31 bites, and 22 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases, and 2 mahi-mahi!
- January 17th & 18th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender) with Capt. Franz Hoffman, had 53 raises, 46 bites, and 32 sailfish releases plus 2 grouper!
- January 18th-22nd, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles) with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 62 raises, 54 bites, and 35 sailfish releases plus 7 marlin raises and 2 mahi-mahi.
- January 18th-22nd, the Spindrift (38′ Stolper) with Capt. Efrain Rizzo, had 68 raises, 65 bites, 49 sailfish releases plus 3 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 2 marlin releases (1 striped marlin), and 5 mahi-mahi.