Meet Chef Sebastian
Looking to spice things up this season is our new Executive Chef Sebastian Castillo from Guatemala. We are thrilled for menu changes both at the Lodge and aboard the boats. With a wide variety of experience at 1, 3, and 5 star Michelin restaurants, Sebastian brings with him a diverse background from delicious sushi rolls, to smoking supple ribs on the Traeger, to local Guatemalan fusion cuisine. Come hungry!
The Presidential Challenge of Central America (PCCA), will be December 4-6, 2020, and will be 100% VIRTUAL. Casa Vieja Lodge was host to the PCCA for many years, and this year’s concept is one of the most innovative we’ve seen yet. Book your boat with us to fish in Guatemala and be part of the PCCA and compete for Top Team in Central America. For more tournament info see HERE.
Celebrate New Years Eve in Tropical Guatemala! Fish all day, and of course waited on all night! Enjoy our private fireworks show and kick back with friends. Only 2 boats are available.
Solo Anglers Weekend – Spring Edition. June 2-6. Join other solo anglers and share the costs of the boat, while making new fishing buddies. This is held twice a year in Fall and Spring.
2021 Father’s Day Tournament – June 18-20. Bring dad, Grandpa, cousins, and friends down and fish in the annual tournament. Additional points are rewarded for generational hook-ups!
Check out a few fishing highlights below. Remember, you can always stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE:
- November 1st-9th, the Makaira (37′ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice had 121 raises, 115 bites, 79 sailfish releases, plus 9 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 1 tuna, and 7 mahi-mahi!
- November 3rd-17th, fishing a 7 days, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Terry Brennan had 150 raises, 133 bites, 89 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 6 tuna, and 4 mahi-mahi!
- November 5th-8th, the Spindrift (38′ Stolper) with Capt. Franz Hoffman/Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 43 raises, 36 bites, and 29 sailfish releases plus 6 mahi-mahi!
- November 5th-10th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Eddie Bairez had 110 raises, 103 bites, 79 sailfish releases, plus 5 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, and 1 mahi-mahi!
- November 5th-10th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender), with Capt. Benji Baires, had 95 raises, 78 bites, and 53 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, and 2 Mahi-Mahi!
- November 5th-10th& 24th, the Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga had 149 raises, 138 bites, 91 sailfish releases plus 4 marlin raises, 3 marlin bites, 3 marlin releases, and 11 tuna!
When you’re ready, give us a call.