BlacktipH had a Blast
Host of BlackTipH, Josh Jorgensen fished with a few of our Captains as Casa Vieja Lodge to see the variety that our fishery has to offer.
BlacktipH Fishing brings you some of the most exciting fishing videos on the web with 3.11 million subscribers on YouTube alone! Josh, is an extreme angler who has an adrenaline-seeking appetite for monster fish! Whether it’s catching monster fish from the beach, from a kayak, or from a boat, Josh pushes the limits of big game fishing. Check out a few of the videos that he has posted, and start preparing for your next adventure! Click on the species name to watch.
CDC Travel Policy is a Breeze
In case you missed this last newsletter, we’re committed to keeping you fishing and making it a smooth, safe, and easy process. Which is why once again we’re adapting our policies to cohere with the new CDC Guidelines. Please take a moment to review below as travel restrictions for re-entry into the USA have changed.
Traveling to Guatemala
- Be ready, willing/wanting to travel internationally.
- Book your dates with us and your air travel.
- Take a COVID-19 Test within 72 hours of arrival in Guatemala. Option for us to mail you a test kit, inquire with Miami Office
- Once you have your results, complete the Health Pass online and print/screenshot.
- Day of Travel: Bring 1) a copy of your Negative COVID-19 test results, and 2) a printout/screenshot of your completed Health Pass
- We’ll pick you up as usual.
We practice social distancing in the van ride, but if you’d like to upgrade to a private transfer just let our Miami Office know.
As of January 26, 2021, the CDC requests ALL air passengers to present a Negative COVID-19 test result upon entering the USA, 72 hours prior to arrival. We will have this test available for you at the Lodge for your safe departure home.
- Take the COVID-19 test at Casa Vieja Lodge or supply documentation that you have recovered from COVID-19. See HERE for more info.
- Your Negative test results- will allow you re-entry into the USA.
- A Positive test result: two scenarios
Scenario 1) Re-test
Scenario 2) You will be quarantined in your room for two weeks (we’ll provide room & board), or until you test negative. Unfortunately, you will not be able to go fishing! We will take care of you and provide you with what you need to help you return home quickly.
Costa Rica Summer Dreamin’
With the arrival of The Hooker 48′, we’ve expanded the 5-Star Angling Experience to Quepos, Costa Rica. For those interested in overnight blue marlin Sea Mount or FAD (fish aggregation device) fishing, this is a must-book trip! There are various Sea Mounts located about 70-180 miles off-shore and you’ll live aboard The Hooker and wake up with hot coffee and hopefully some blue marlin bites at sunrise. If you’ve already released double-digit sailfish in Guatemala, get ready for double-digit blue marlin action in Costa Rica!
From May- September we are offering 2 or 3 day fishing packages. Here’s a sample itinerary:
Leave by 6 pm the day before- Travel at night to FAD
Day 1– Fish approx 12 hours
Day 2– Fish approx 12 hours
Day 3– Fish approx 12 hours
6pm head back to port and arrive at the marina the next morning
All meals, snacks, beverages are provided as well as accommodations for a maximum of 4 anglers. Fishing license is included. There is A/C throughout the boat, and refreshing hot water showers.
Not included: ground transport to/from San Jose Airport, land accommodations, & tips
Optional add-ons: additional hotel nights at Marina Pez Vela Villas, domestic Sansa flight from San Jose- Quepos
For those looking for a domestic option, we are also offering the 5-Star Angling Experience aboard our 35-ST Contender in Key West, Florida. Stay tuned next newsletter for more info, or contact our Miami Office at 305-854-4665.
February has been consistent warm weather, great fishing, good times, and clients getting back to doing what they love! If you are looking for a light at the end of the winter tunnel, then look no further than your happy spot! We have availability during Easter Week, or join us for Spring Break with the kids!
Check out a few fishing highlights below. Remember, you can always stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE:
- February 2nd-22nd, the Makaira (37′ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice had 181 raises, 140 bites, and 73 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, tuna, and 11 mahi-mahi!
- February 4th-19th, The Hooker (48′ G&S)with Capt. David Salazar, had 115 raises, 104 bites, 71 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, tuna, and 6 mahi-mahi!
- February 4th-6th & 14th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender), with Capt. Benji Baires, had 41 raises, 32 bites, and 16 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 2 tuna, and 2 mackerels.
- February 4th-24th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Terry Brennan had 191 raises, 161 bites, 109 sailfish releases plus 2 tuna & mahi-mahi!
- February 6th-20th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Eddie Bairez had 150 raises, 122 bites, 78 sailfish releases, plus 2 marlin raises, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, 2 tuna, and 9 mahi-mahi!
- February 11th-20th, the Spindrift (38′ Stolper) with Capt. Franz Hoffman had 87 raises, 62 bites, 30 sailfish releases plus 2 marlin raises, and 6 mahi-mahi!
- February 12th-16th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 80 raises, 74 bites, 53 sailfish releases plus 1 marlin raise, 1 marlin bite, 1 marlin release, 4 tuna, and 3 mahi-mahi.
- February 18th-24th, the Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga had 172 raises, 152 bites, 109 sailfish releases plus 3 tuna!
When you’re ready, give us a call.