Fish with us in Costa Rica
The Hooker, 48′ G&S, departed Guatemala and arrived safely in its home of Quepos, Costa Rica at the gorgeous Marina Pez Vela. This summer we are giving our clients the opportunity to fish with us in beautiful Quepos, in a completely different fishery, and on-shore experience, but with the same family you love, Casa Vieja.
Join us for full-day charters, or the super bowl of blue marlin fishing with overnight FAD trips, 3 or 4 nights available. Check out our Casa Vieja Costa Rica Website for more information, or call the Miami Office.
This season we have teamed up with 2 Costa Rica Vacation Rentals to give you options of renting your own private home or staying in the conveniently located Marina Pez Vela Villas. Next season we are planning to have our own lodging included in our packages, stay tuned!
Marlin Magazine’s esteemed Marlin University was held at Casa Vieja Lodge, May 17-20th. Students had excellent mentors, and were able to truly experience the great Guatemalan fishery and why it makes a perfect training ground. The pure amount of bites these anglers had to practice pitching their own bait, and catching their own fish makes Guatemala like no other place in the world!
Over the four days of fishing on four boats, anglers had a total of 364 raises, 323 bites, 215 sailfish releases. A total of 8 raises, 6 bites, and 2 marlin releases, as well as 38 delicious mahi mahi! Congrats graduates and welcome to the billfish club! We hope to have you all back again!
Marlin University is held annually at Casa Vieja Lodge, in addition to other destinations. For more information, click here.
The month of May has brought good fishing, and many more blue marlin releases which will will keep steady throughout the summer months. Unlike years past, we do have last minute space available, just contact our Miami Office and we’ll secure a boat for you.
Check out a few fishing highlights below. Remember, you can always stay up to date with our daily fishing reports on our website HERE:
- May 1st-12th, The Hooker (48′ G&S)with Capt. David Salazar, had 120 raises,105 bites, 71 sailfish releases plus 22 tuna and 9 mahi-mahi.
- May 1st-20th, the Finest Kind (40′ Whiticar)with Capt. Nicho Alvarenga had 250 raises, 226 bites, 160 sailfish releases plus 5 marlin raises, 5 marlin bites, 5 marlin releases, and 6 mahi-mahi.
- May 1st-20th, the Makaira (37′ Rybovich) with Capt. Jason Brice had 359 raises, 324 bites, and 227 sailfish releases plus 9 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, 4 marlin releases, 15 tuna, and 35 mahi-mahi.
- May 1st-24th, the Afinity (39′ Billy Knowles)with Capt. Nico Melendrez, had 301 raises, 266 bites, 172 sailfish releases plus 11 marlin raises, 9 marlin bites, 6 marlin releases, 15 tuna, 30 mahi-mahi, and 2 rooster fish.
- May 1st-26th, the Release (37′ Merritt) with Capt. Eddie Bairez had 317 raises, 263 bites, 179 sailfish releases, plus 6 marlin raises, 2 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 9 tuna, and 55 mahi-mahi.
- May 1st-26th, the Rum Line (40′ Gamefisherman) with Capt. Terry Brennan had 209 raises, 187 bites, 131 sailfish releases plus 10 marlin raises, 9 marlin bites, 7 marlin releases, 9 tuna, and 28 mahi-mahi.
- May 8th-24th, the Pez Raton (35′ Contender), with Capt. Benji Baires, had 99 raises, 73 bites, and 45 sailfish releases plus 5 marlin raises, 4 marlin bites, 1 marlin release, 21 tuna, and 5 mah-mahi.